Author Topic: Star Trek: Picard Discussion (WARNING: SPOILERS)  (Read 6562 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: Star Trek: Picard Discussion (WARNING: SPOILERS)
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2019, 08:12:26 AM »
oh, c'mon, it's not Trek if there isn't use of Vasquez (kirk's) rocks!  Diane Duane even included it in one of her trek novels.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2019, 03:35:56 PM »
So
Spoiler: show
Michael Dorn's signature showed up on a Picard show clapper posted by one of the crew

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/240485808509812737/621056516887412746/ED-ozi8XsAA2xjx.png

Now it might just mean he was visiting the shoot that day, not acting on the show, but who knows!

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2019, 03:19:38 PM »
Well it doesn't matter now because it was debunked by CBS, but I put that image in my post in spoiler tags for a reason, but then it shows up as an attachment  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2019, 05:51:10 AM »
doesn't matter, Tuskin, those sigs are mostly illegible.  and people wonder why the kids nowadays can't read cursive; everybody writes with a "doctor's perscription" hand, now :P
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2019, 06:46:47 AM »
Well it doesn't matter now because it was debunked by CBS, but I put that image in my post in spoiler tags for a reason, but then it shows up as an attachment  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This entire thread (with title) is for spoilers. No need to use spoiler tags. If you click on this thread, you enter knowing that it WILL contain spoilers.

Re: Worf, I'm pretty sure he's not gonna be in the first season of Picard, and his signature on that image, doesn't mean he will be. However, I hope we see most of the former TNG cast members at some point.

doesn't matter, Tuskin, those sigs are mostly illegible.  and people wonder why the kids nowadays can't read cursive; everybody writes with a "doctor's perscription" hand, now :P

Only name I can clearly read, is Jonathan Frakes.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2019, 08:18:46 AM »
Only name I can clearly read, is Jonathan Frakes.

And Marina Sirtis.  I’d recognize that signature anywhere lol
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2019, 12:14:37 PM »
So according to one of the actors on the Picard show, the name of the ship is La Sirena
Like some productions do, they gave out gifts to people who worked on the show, one of the actors showed off a sweater that said La Sirena Flight Crew on it, and said in the Instagram Comments that it was the name of the ship

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2019, 12:40:19 PM »
My current theory for Picard, is that the humanitarian mission Picard was involved in was connected to the Borg, not Hobus (since the dates don't line up)
I'm thinking there was Borg incursion into Romulan space
The Federation sent help (with Picard leading), and then something disastrous happened which caused Picard to become disillusioned with Starfleet (or the Federation)
and then Hobus happens
There are shots in the trailer that might show Romulan refugees on earth, the scene where Picard is thrown out of a building by Romulans.

Offline 3 of 12

• Cookies: 15
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2019, 10:35:15 PM »

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2019, 10:59:11 AM »
Looking very nice! I loved also seeing the Ent D. However someone botched the texture mapping on the ship. They Mirrored Shuttle Bay 3 (smaller shuttle bay 2 got replaced) and the Arboretum on the saucer is missing. 
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline 3 of 12

• Cookies: 15
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2019, 05:34:50 PM »
Easily explained away as a refit by expanding the shuttle bay and moving the arboretum elsewhere on the ship but honestly, I didn't even notice it until you mentioned it lol.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2019, 06:27:52 PM »
It could just as easily... Not be the Enterprise-D. Could just be a random Galaxy class, and we already know all Galaxy classes aren't identical.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2019, 09:01:07 PM »
Oh you know what.... You might be on to something Darkthunder.... I took another look at it... it has no registry so we can't exactly say it is the Ent D. Where the arboretum should be they also have more escape pods... and I also noticed the Bussard collectors are completely different. They have extra hull on the front like they are armored. Maybe enhanced engines.

Maybe a Post Dom War refit of the standard Galaxy Class? Hmm....

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2019, 05:53:10 AM »
*rewatches to see what you're talking about*  yeah, I spotted it.  always wondered what that square of windows was on a Gal.
what caught MY eye was the TOS Rom BoP in the brief fight segments.  if this is post nova-chain, they really DIDN'T have much left to work with, did they?  musta had to retrofit THAT, too, cause there's actually active bussards on it :P
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #75 on: October 07, 2019, 09:01:07 AM »
I'm glad that Data will be returning, even if it's just in dream sequences and holodeck appearances, but damn couldn't they have done a little CGI work????

Everyone is talking like "Oh he has an aging program" yeah, but if it's a dream, he shouldn't have aged.  Only way I would accept it, is if Jean-Luc says something along the lines of "He was older, like he had aged alongside of us" or something of the like.  I'm still gonna watch it, mind you, but that bothers me a little.

And actually Nebula, there aren't any extra escape pods where the Arboretum should have been.  The escape pods you are looking at are supposed to be there on standard galaxy class starships.  They did take two pods where the saucer separation line is supposed to be (Enterprise D had 2 rows of 4 there).  I'm not too sure about the Bussard collectors though!  I'm gonna chalk that up to the imaging!
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2019, 09:48:06 AM »
Hmm you may be right about the escape pods... guess they were just more visible here.
Take another look at the bussards tho.

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2019, 09:06:15 PM »
I did.  Trusting my gut here.  Why would they have it on only one nacelle???  And why use the old pennants???

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2019, 12:14:20 PM »
oh ffs
you guys and your nitpicking lol :P

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2019, 04:57:59 PM »
It says 1701-D in front of the main shuttlebay

Also the shuttlebay mirroring error on the neck is also on Eaglemoss's CG and physical models of the ENT-D. I wonder if CBS just borrowed their CG model.

The show is still 3 months out, so the CG can improve in that time. None of it is final.

One of the actors was wearing a hat with the new combadge at the con. It's a modified AGT badge.