Author Topic: Activision under investigation.  (Read 605 times)

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Morgan

Re: Activision under investigation.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 11:16:47 AM »
Looks like a normal day in Corporate America.  In all likelihood a deal will be stuck that involves fines and this will go away.

Any impact it could have on BC or other Trek games has long since passed since Activision separated from the Trek IP over a decade ago.  BC is still abandonware with Totally Games being gone, both Elite Force games released their source code years ago, and the Armada franchise has long been unsupported.  STO has nothing to do with Activision.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 03:11:05 PM »
my understanding concerning the Trek franchise is this: Activision abandoned the IP as unprofitable after Enterprise wrapped up, and thus washed their hands of the whole thing.  a couple years before the reboot appeared.

and I agree with Morgan, here.  this has nothing to do with either Trek or Activision.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 07:22:38 PM »
Yeah I meant to put this somewhere else lol consider it moved in a few minutes
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric