Author Topic: Multiplayer  (Read 947 times)

Samulater

Multiplayer
« on: December 10, 2007, 09:40:29 AM »
Whenever I host a multiplayer game people can't see it. I have a bt voyager 210 adsl router. Can you help me???

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 12:31:20 PM »
Have you set the right ports to open in the firewall (check your BC manual), both on your computer and on your router.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Samulater

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »
where in the manual does it say the required ports

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 06:49:19 PM »
I'm afraid I'm not sure.

According to Activision Support it requires:
"Bridge Commander uses ports 22101 and 28900 for both incoming and outgoing traffic."
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

captainstull

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 09:43:48 PM »
My friend and I are also having the same problem.  We try to host a game but we can't see the other's game.  Our firewalls are turned off.  On a different computer, my multiplayer worked fine.  Any help with this would really be appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 09:05:24 AM »
What firewall are you using? Some firewalls can't be turned off completly without blocking half the ports.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 10:53:55 AM »
Are you on different networks and are you using direct ip connect?
Which ips are you then using? And did you turn on NAT translation for the ports (to and from your computer to your router) on both your and your friends computer?