Author Topic: Problem with torpedoes  (Read 1407 times)

Konrad

Problem with torpedoes
« on: June 11, 2007, 08:43:45 PM »
Most of my photon torpedoes are still ugly textured squares, even after the update.
Where's the guy who made this thing?

Disclaimer: I've tried downloading several different torpedo textures/mods, and it hasn't been fixed.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Problem with torpedoes
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 05:02:28 AM »
This thread isn't about that sort of thing.
Also, you are nearly violating the above "rule".
As in, you didn't post a link to the projectile mod.

MLeo EDIT: Split from the original topic.

The question still stands, which particular projectile?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
Re: Problem with torpedoes
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 03:47:48 PM »
the actual photon torp- request (made by ship) is in the Hardpoint file
in other words any torpe- a ship uses needs to be defined in that ships HardPoint
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Konrad

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 02:09:17 PM »
OK.

I've tried the top 6 torpedo mods, sans the torpedo turret.

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/files/search/?keyword=photon&game=8&search_category=all&fields_name=1&fields_filename=1&start=0&limit=25&descriptions_in=0&outdated_in=0&summary_in=0&show_screenshot_in=0&sort=downloads&downloads_direction=desc#results

The torpedoes that don't work are regular old photon torpedoes on every federation ship.

Pulse-style torpedoes still look fine.

I believe this mod is responsible for the problem. 
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Modified_Armoured_Voyager;62885

Perhaps you could have been a little more clear about what I should have been linking to, and what rule I violated. 

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 02:47:51 PM »
OK.

I've tried the top 6 torpedo mods, sans the torpedo turret.

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/files/search/?keyword=photon&game=8&search_category=all&fields_name=1&fields_filename=1&start=0&limit=25&descriptions_in=0&outdated_in=0&summary_in=0&show_screenshot_in=0&sort=downloads&downloads_direction=desc#results

The torpedoes that don't work are regular old photon torpedoes on every federation ship.
Screenshot please?

If you are talking about "Ducats Photon Replacement" then there have been more complaints about it in the past. It has a very similar problem you described. But without a screenshot there isn't much I can say about it.

Pulse-style torpedoes still look fine.
As in Bird of Prey pulse style? Or CG Sovereign pulse quantum style?

I believe this mod is responsible for the problem. 
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Modified_Armoured_Voyager;62885
I'll take a look, but I somehow don't think this is the case.

Perhaps you could have been a little more clear about what I should have been linking to
You were talking about a mod, but you didn't name it, and you didn't provide a link to it.

and what rule I violated.
For starters, the thread itself wasn't about solving problems, it's about "How not to ask a question". In the context of the thread, you were spamming the thread, and we have a special forum for that. The rule I mentioned was related to the subject of the thread.
The link I posted there (the example) was of someone who screamed a question in a language nobody knew (aparently was English, but this isn't the case here). And he didn't completely explain his problem either. And this is part of the rule I mentioned. I don't know all the mods that are out there, nor all the problems they can bring. Since this situation doesn't happen normally, then it must be a mod. So a link to the one in question would be nice.

But we're drifting from the topic. <_<

I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 04:30:17 PM »
I had similiar problem with intrepid uss belfasts plasma torpedos but I believe it was caused by missing texture because when I edited torpedo plugin and corrected path to torpedo glow map it worked fine, try it of course if we're talking about the same problem here

Konrad

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 09:13:52 PM »
I have positively no idea how to do that, could you please tell me how?

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 02:14:34 AM »
If You have only torpedo core and flares showed up but no torpedo glow but only square so You have wrong torpedo glow map name, You have to go to scripts/tactical/projectiles and there search for torpedo plugin you want to edit then open it in notepad and find those lines
Code: [Select]
pTorp.CreateTorpedoModel(
"data/Textures/Tactical/qCore.tga",
kCoreColor,
"data/textures/tactical/qGlow.tga",
kGlowColor,
"data/textures/tactical/qBlank.tga",
kGlowColor,
0.14)
and check paths to those tgas if they fit with tgas in those directories if something is different it causes problem.

Offline FourChan

• Admiral Noel Vermillion
  • Cookies: 4
  • Starfleet Technologies Development Center
    • Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 03:25:18 PM »
I know this is late reply but since I recently got my BC Disk and all I decided to give it a whirl if you havent got your torpedos fixed, I know the cause of it. It's the Dur_PromPhotonTorpedo Script, they give you the torpedo but they don't give you the textures for it. I noticed this when I redownloaded the NovaII (Aka Rhode Island Variant).

Also check your PhotonTorpedosb file also in scripts/projectiles, I noticed that it doesn't carry any textures. Addon/Mod probably overwrote them.