Author Topic: "Star Trek: New Worlds" (Amateur Fic Anthology)  (Read 3952 times)

Offline Hellsgate

• Administrator, "Star Trek: New Worlds"
  • Cookies: 2
    • =^=Star Trek: New Worlds=^=
Re: "Star Trek: New Worlds" (Amateur Fic Anthology)
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 01:33:25 AM »
King Class Scout:
I was responding to your post (below.)

"but I may have a species that would send the entire galaxy into a panic attack. they've evolved SO slowly upon reaching sentience that they're physically incapable of SEEING sentient races.  their vision is so Chrono-shifted they can only see sentients as the animals of the particular species they evolved from, including super-evolved energy being species."

I was hoping to find out more about these beings you've posted about. The ones that only see other species as the animals they evolved from. I was hoping to use them as the next species for Starfleet to have "First Contact" with, in a follow-up 'Sequel' story to TNG's "Night Terrors".

Captain Morgan Bateson & Chief Medical Officer Katherine Pulaski encounter this chrono-shifted species on their next mission aboard a Legacy-Class starship in the late 2370's/early 2380's.

Legacy-Class Image by Galen of SciFi-Meshes.Com

If At First You Don't Succeed, So Much For Skydiving.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2009, 07:22:02 PM »
I haven't even gotten an appearance for the ChronoShifted as of yet (they weren't to be introduced until a couple books from my latest...

holy CRAP...i just FOUND them while looking for a phone bill!  i didn't even know I'd started writing down details.

okay...here's what details I have.

Species self name: !Trae (the ! is a vocal click, a-la the Bushmen of South Africa, like N!Xau in "The Gods Must Be Crazy")
details: perpetually in Goggles and Filter Masks (i pictured old fashioned WW1/WW2 gas masks), language sounds like Gobbledygook, cannot physically recognize sentient species, all starships are seen as primitive arcs full of simple animals, which has them perpetually puzzled.

their own design format resembles the current space equipment design, almost borgish, bare metal and white paint.  cubish, hard angles, plain bare metal, crude-ish plates in places.  I haven't decided what, if any "appliance" may be under the masks.  I'll work on some details.

OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Hellsgate

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 09:18:39 PM »
Bump. Still seeking authors. I have new stories uploaded to "Star Trek: New Worlds". NEW - "Star Trek: Screaming Rebel" (Samaritan's Dilemma: Parts 1 & 2[/b]). 

Offline Hellsgate

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 11:09:22 PM »

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2010, 11:54:41 PM »
Hells i may be interested i am back in college and writing stories for english has reignited my storytelling interest. I have been prepping a series of stories based on my crew in STO.

Offline Hellsgate

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2010, 01:38:44 AM »
trekwriter31@yahoo.ca

Bumping this thread and hoping there's more fic authors out there.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 08:27:10 AM »
actually, i HAVE written some.  both a TOS and TNG one, plus, of course, the P-Star themselves.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Hellsgate

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2010, 01:55:29 AM »
Adding additional resources to the "Star Trek: New Worlds" archive.

http://www.trekspace.org/profile/JasonHauck

http://scifivisions.ning.com/profile/JasonHauck

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2010, 03:27:58 AM »
trekwriter31@yahoo.ca

Bumping this thread and hoping there's more fic authors out there.

I write a bit, as you can see by my sig, but I'd rather not join in any collaborative story projects at this time, since I've not had much luck with crossovers or co-authors.

Offline Hellsgate

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2010, 02:25:22 AM »
Aces High: No problem. Thank you for your interest in my anthology. I'm just seeing if there's any ~other~ authors, veteran or beginner, out there in the interwebs.

I'm not really hugely interested in collaborative stories, just singular-author works with original characters and an original ship / station / homeworld that hasn't been written about before, extensively or otherwise.

I don't mind a cameo appearance of a canon character (such as Geordi LaForge, Kirk, Bones, et al.) to help the author branch off from a certain specific point in quasi-canon text-based novels and / or graphic novels, canon TV episodes / movies. But, I prefer the already-generously-established canon character(s) please stay within the prologue, first paragraph or first chapter (or two).

I don't mind slash but keep it somewhat sedentary, believable / realistic, (two male or two female and/or transgendered crew-persons are screwing passionately, then cuddling, one gets out of bed, showers, gets dressed, does the domestic/family thing with the dog and kids, and leaves for work.) Begin the adventure in Star Trek at this point and end the adventure in harlequin bodice-ripper style romance/erotica at this point, too.  

Know what I mean?
    Oh, and a few other things.

• If you're going to create a story, please add old earth-style calendar date(s) with your stardate(s).
  • Schematics / orthos of ships/stations really help, too. or a series bible done in either ".html" or  a ".pdf" file on your site.
  • An extensively-detailed  backstory / origin of the captain, crew and/or threat in your story/stories really helps out the first-time readers too.  
  • Oh, and please don't hesitate to mention the specific class / registry number of your starship, (I'm not a big stickler about suffixes: "U.S.S. Voyager-A", or "NCC 1701-A, B, or C") so go ahead and use them as there's only so many names in Starfleet, & in my opinion, there's bound to be one or two that will stand-out besides the Enterprise in its entire future-history. 

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2010, 07:37:47 AM »
hm.  never thought about compiling a "bible" before.  can you point me towards an example?
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Hellsgate

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2010, 06:20:59 PM »
Here's the "series bible" to "Star Trek: Screaming Rebel"

http://stnewworlds.webs.com/The%20Screaming%20Rebel.doc

Warning: Published in MS Word "doc" format.   

Offline Hellsgate

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2010, 04:10:06 AM »
I'd love to write a story or see one one submitted to my site, a sequel to TNG's "CONSPIRACY" episode, in 2377 following the Dominion War. Exploration has resumed, unresolved issues have been selectively re-opened by a relatively small starship + crew that (for whatever reason,) find themselves inextricably, 'personally invested' in finding out where the signal at Starfleet Command was sent a few years earlier.  

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2010, 01:29:04 PM »
there most likely is by now, I seem to remember hearing about one here at BC-C.  everybody's now looking at the 8472 as the scource.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Hellsgate

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2010, 08:07:13 PM »
"Star Trek: New Order" has been added to my archive. I just need schematics of the Lapon or the author to confirm that its a Nebula-Class as I already suspect.

Offline Hellsgate

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2010, 02:51:10 PM »
Aces_High: I'd like to create a list of your ships, (the Beliskner, Lapon, & the Idiot's Delight.)  I need your help with you telling me what class they each are.

Offline Hellsgate

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2010, 04:47:08 AM »
"Deep Seed 9", a really warped Bart Simpson/Deep Space 9 crossover added to the fan fiction section of my site.

Offline Hellsgate

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2010, 04:50:04 PM »

http://stnewworlds.webs.com

Seeking further authors & contributions to the anthology. I hope everyone reads the author challenges.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2010, 06:04:53 PM »
still looking for contributions?  mabey I'll digitize my TNG/WoD crossover (involves Q, the Kzin, and Garou :P)
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read