Author Topic: Klingon Disruptor Beam/Pulse  (Read 1282 times)

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
Klingon Disruptor Beam/Pulse
« on: December 05, 2007, 12:27:12 PM »
i was just wonder if its possible for someone to be able to create a script for the vorcha im doing that enables the switch for the front disruptor near the bridge to switch between a beam and pulse?
Cause we have seen both fired from that position,
Is this even possible?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Klingon Disruptor Beam/Pulse
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 12:32:39 PM »
Theoreticly, yes, though I haven't tried it. I'm not even sure if we can manipulate hardpoints on the fly (other than attribute changes).

I do believe someone made a script for a Galaxy to "switch" between the deflector and a phaser. But I suspect that was a rather specialized script, and fired from a button instead of actually switching.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 01:05:03 PM »
Theoreticly, yes, though I haven't tried it. I'm not even sure if we can manipulate hardpoints on the fly (other than attribute changes).
yep, just putting both in the same place and changing values might work

for example, switching between 0 and full charge and recharge rate as you click the button, say, when you're in phaser mode, the cannon stays discharged and doesn't recharge. when you switch to cannon, discharge the phaser and set the recharge rate to 0.
even the icons will change with the weapon.

I tried to make HP changes in-game, but it seems very hard, if not impossible.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 01:08:48 PM »
didnt LC do that for his warbird?  tho it has been a while since i played, i seem to recall a beam and a pulse coming from the same spot (or maybe it was a torp?)?  i could be mistaken tho...  it's a very vague feeling i have...

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 01:25:57 PM »
indeed, looks like a torpedo.
but it doesn't matter. a torpedo tube can call a disruptor script :P

so lint, you have to ways:

1) use a phaser and a torpedo tube at the same spot, and invert pulse and torpedo systems.

2) put a phaser and a cannon and use the toggling script I said

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 01:45:11 PM »
ahh, i see.
thanks guys, it gives me some posibilites