Author Topic: walkfx controls vanish  (Read 790 times)

Offline Erk

• never forget the name... Enterprise
  • Cookies: 5
  • Enterprise: boldness or readiness in undertaking
walkfx controls vanish
« on: December 30, 2007, 11:48:08 AM »
hi all, ive been replaying a lot lately, and have a problem getting the walkfx designated keys to work. when ever i start a quick battle game, the walk forward and walk backward keys ive chosen become non responsive immediately. i then check the main menu and controls to find that those two slots are empty. ive re-entered the keys while in game but that doesnt work to well. i have to continuously hit the button just to produce 1 step. ive tried selecting a key, then starting a game, ive tried starting a game, selecting a key, then start a new game. im out of ideas. anybody know the fix to this?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: walkfx controls vanish
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 11:50:39 AM »
I suspect it's a problem with my, rather old, KeyFoundation.

But for the moment, try contacting LJ (Lost Jedi) here and at BCS.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline killeen21

• Cookies: 1
  • to boldly go where no chickin has gone before...
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 09:41:19 PM »
I had this problem myself - this is how I got rid of it:

go to the controls-config menu & when you click into the key-assignment field an input window appears and asks you to press the preferred button. This window also gives you a "delete assignment" option at the bottom left. klick on it to completely erase all assignments for this option.
Then click on the assignment field again and press the preferred key you want to assign that function to.
This worked for me.

Offline Erk

• never forget the name... Enterprise
  • Cookies: 5
  • Enterprise: boldness or readiness in undertaking
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 06:12:18 PM »
thanks, that worked. case closed.