Author Topic: ID4 City-Killers (Massive Apologies)  (Read 6373 times)

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
Re: ID4 City-Killers (First Very Early W.I.P)
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 07:52:02 PM »
I appreciate all the positive feedback I am getting. Thank you.

Wiley, you said you had the model kit for the fighters. Do you think you could take some really good pictures from as many angles as possible? For future reference.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
Re: ID4 City-Killers (First Very Early W.I.P)
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2008, 07:55:09 PM »
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
Re: ID4 City-Killers (Massive Apologies)
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2008, 09:17:44 PM »
Don't get me wrong. I am still determined to finish this. I just want to apologize incase anyone thought I gave this up. Its just, my sister has moved back *im going to need a shotgun in my mouth and a blindfold by the time June swings round, aagghhh!* and trying to get any time on the computer with her here is like trying to calm a raging bull.

I have a weeks holiday coming up starting Monday. Lucky for me, shes at work during the day, lol.

Long story short,
Getting back to the progress of the model or otherwise incase I decide to do a pack.

Textures are going to be another problem. I have limited harddrive space and zero texturing skills. So starting Monday, open auditions for texturers. You know, incase anyone is interested, lol.

Again, my apologies for lack of updates.

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2008, 09:42:05 PM »
No worries mate.  Take your time. :D

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2008, 09:44:06 PM »
Take yer' time, dude. :3 Best of luck! *hides all my weaponry from Billz*  :)

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 12:26:38 AM »
Don't get me wrong. I am still determined to finish this. I just want to apologize incase anyone thought I gave this up. Its just, my sister has moved back *im going to need a shotgun in my mouth and a blindfold by the time June swings round, aagghhh!* and trying to get any time on the computer with her here is like trying to calm a raging bull.

I have a weeks holiday coming up starting Monday. Lucky for me, shes at work during the day, lol.

Long story short,
Getting back to the progress of the model or otherwise incase I decide to do a pack.

Textures are going to be another problem. I have limited harddrive space and zero texturing skills. So starting Monday, open auditions for texturers. You know, incase anyone is interested, lol.

If you got a hillbilly neighbor...just try to set them up on a date and you'll be rid of her in no time 8)
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2008, 01:38:35 AM »

Long story short,

If you got a hillbilly neighbor...just try to set them up on a date and you'll be rid of her in no time 8)

LOL!!! OH that is SO mean! :P

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2008, 08:13:32 AM »

Now whatchu mean by Hillbilly LOL.  a good ol' southern country boy? (like me) :P

Billz, do take your time man, and hope things get better soon, this is turning out better than what I can make LOL.
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2008, 09:09:07 AM »
http://www.vortex.com/i4.jpg
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/twentieth_century_fox/independence_day/id4newyork.jpg
http://www.kesigndesign.com/medium/id4-3a.jpg

While I appreciate the input (anyone want to marry a monster of a sister?, lol) I dont plan to go into too much depth with the modeling. Alot of the detail can be obtained with the use of textures. I'm trying not to use too many polys. I will model the pattern on the bottom of the ship where the ultimate-mega-gun-of-nasty-painess is, lol.

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2008, 09:31:55 AM »
ultimate-mega-gun-of-nasty-painess

I laughed so hard at that!

To reiterate what everyone else has said, take your time! There is no race. The longer you take over it, the better the final result will be (theoretically) :P!
MUSE!!!

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008, 12:44:44 PM »

While I appreciate the input (anyone want to marry a monster of a sister?, lol) I dont plan to go into too much depth with the modeling. Alot of the detail can be obtained with the use of textures. I'm trying not to use too many polys. I will model the pattern on the bottom of the ship where the ultimate-mega-gun-of-nasty-painess is, lol.

LOL Depends on what you mean by monster :P LOL

Seriously though, take your time, and I agree that a lot of detail can be accomplished with textures :).  hopefully it'll look great
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2008, 05:23:00 PM »

LOL Depends on what you mean by monster :P LOL

Seriously though, take your time, and I agree that a lot of detail can be accomplished with textures :).  hopefully it'll look great

Put it this way. Her nickname is 'Paranoid Mandie'. I'll let you work it out from there, lol.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2008, 08:33:20 PM »
Quick Note:

Model work resumes tomorrow. Havn't done any for 2 months because of life issues and such. Anyway, need a bit of help making the 'indent' (crater thingy around the fin on the presumed front of the ship). Also, how do I check the poly count in Milkshape?

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008, 08:39:55 PM »
Do you need help making ID4 ships?  I have played the game many times and have the movie and a model kit for reference.  I would love to build some attack fighters.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2008, 08:51:41 PM »
Do you need help making ID4 ships?  I have played the game many times and have the movie and a model kit for reference.  I would love to build some attack fighters.

Its totally upto you. If you could make the attack fighters, that will mean I won't have to worry about their complex shape. I should be fine making the mother ship and city killers though.

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2008, 09:46:27 PM »
Ok, amazingly enough, I have the old Independence Day game working on my Vista computer.  There are plenty of different variants of alien ships.