Author Topic: Serenity Class (BIG Update & Second Rebuild 04/15/08)  (Read 6050 times)

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
Re: Serenity Class (Re-built 04/09/08)
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2008, 11:36:33 AM »
Thanks, Asylum.

I WILL be building this into a sort of Prometheus Mk 2. I am not certain that I'll bother with the two-nacelle configuration, simply because it would just be another Century Class. For future reference, I'm trying to fill the gaps for 25th-Century ships, and so far we have the following, as I see it:

-Nova Replacement (Rengers; Theseus Class)
-Achillies Replacement (Aeries; Mithra Class)
-Intrepid Replacement (DJ Curtis, Vivance Class)
-Sovereign Replacement (DJ Curtis, Century Class)
-Akira Replacement (DJ Curtis, Raptor Class)
-Defiant Replacement (DJ Curtis, Valiant Class)
-Prometheus Replacement (Aeries, Serenity Class)
-etc, etc.

On another note, I haven't touched the Serenity since the last update; I'm hella busy with packing for my move, and I would have done something with her last night, but I got an ipod touch and... well, i was up playing with it until 4am, so... yeah. <3

And I just realized how terribly twistable my statement was... I need more coffee.

~Aeries.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2008, 02:30:49 PM »
Wasn't it the "Vivace" and not "Vivance"?

Looks like we're haveing a new century. :)

Awesome work though, and I hope you get this beastie to seperate. :D

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2008, 03:03:10 PM »
Aeries, you are more addicted to coffee than Janeway ever will be.

Offline antagonist

• Cookies: 4
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2008, 09:39:48 AM »
Aeries, you are more addicted to coffee than Janeway ever will be.

I don't think that's possible, so Aeries should be assimilation proof :P

@Topic: Well, I think the ship has the potential to look good with Prommie style quad nacelles, but I'd have to see pics to make sure  :lol:

Offline Aeries

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2008, 07:46:52 PM »
Note For Jimmy: When you have the time, please lock this thread. I've got a lot of life cr*p going on again and as such, i'm moving a hell of a lot sooner than I'd originally planned.

I'm leaving the Mithra thread open as Wiley's still got a lot of stuff to do with that yet. For the next while, Wiley's in charge of the Mithra... oh, and when i get back, you can all expect at least one more federation 25th century ship; I came across some old sketches while packing that gave me some awesome ideas. ;)

Thanks for everything,
-Aeries.

EDIT: Janeway's coffee addiction ain't got NOTHIN' on mine. You don't see her chugging several pots of coffee in one morning, now do you!? No. her coffee skills are noobish compared to my own. She is not one with the folgers.  :arms:

Offline antagonist

• Cookies: 4
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2008, 04:20:41 AM »
I hope all goes well for your move and you'll be back here sooner than you think you will. Also, cut back on your coffee consumption, lest the Borg really assimilate you :P

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2008, 12:04:50 PM »
Note For Jimmy: When you have the time, please lock this thread. I've got a lot of life cr*p going on again and as such, i'm moving a hell of a lot sooner than I'd originally planned.
no probs - lemme know when youd like it reopened :)

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2008, 07:43:49 AM »
thread reopened :)

Offline Aeries

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2008, 07:59:17 AM »
Thanks, Jimmy!

Mmkay, so since my moving date's been changed, I've had a little time to re-construct the Serenity into something that could realistically separate into three sections. I've re-built her from SCRATCH, and I must say that I am pleased with the result. The best part is that I've added a lot more detail, yet kept the poly count relatively low (as in, 12k,  unoptimized.) So I'm pretty happy about that. :)

As you'll see, there are no warp nacelles or pylons yet; I'm still trying to think of a way to mount the pylons onto the hull what with it all separating and what not. On that note, I think I've found a way to please EVERYONE yet keep the same quad-nacelle configuration. Anyone watch Star Wars? If so, how about those X-Wing fighters and their 'splitting' wings? INSPIRATION! The warp nacelles and pylons will, in fact, split in half! The nacelles will be similar to the Mithra Class, with four bussard collectors, so when they split, there will be two collectors per nacelle and thus, it'll look just like the Prometheus, only hella sleeker! When they're together, it'll have that same, bad-arse Mithra look! I'm still trying to think of how I'll deal with mounting the pylons on the hull(s) in the first place, as well as how I'll do the main saucer nacelle, but it'll all come to me soon enough. It's like... 5 in the morning and I've been going at this all night. x_x; Also, there are some smoothing issues around the aft hull and top of the saucer... there are also some very obvious scaling issues goin' on with the phaser arrays. Meh, they're little issues. :P

So yes! Pics... please enjoy! C&C greatly appreciated. :)

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
Re: Serenity Class (BIG Update & Second Rebuild 04/15/08)
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2008, 08:33:37 AM »
Niiiice...:| I like it more now LOL
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Technerd89

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2008, 09:44:09 AM »
great work. i really like those MVAM shots, really starting to get a feel for the ship. my only nitpick comes from the 3rd screenshot, i dislike how the saucer/dorsal section just comes to an abrupt end and is chopped off. perhaps you could find some way of smoothing it out a little, so that the ship still flows when its not seperated

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2008, 10:11:27 AM »
From the look of the third pic, am I right in assuming that its gonna extend along the secondary hull? Also, The deflector bit looks a little.....pointless, for lack of a better word. Could just be the lack of nacelles, but why not try just splitting it in 2?
MUSE!!!

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2008, 10:53:55 AM »
Very nice work Aeries, the design looks excellent and the your 3D modelling skills are coming on in leaps and bounds as well!!  :D

Weldone.
:wink:

Offline rengers

• Cookies: 306
  • ship modeler
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2008, 12:01:49 PM »
Very nice Aeries, I really like how it looks :D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2008, 01:27:39 PM »
From the look of the third pic, am I right in assuming that its gonna extend along the secondary hull? Also, The deflector bit looks a little.....pointless, for lack of a better word. Could just be the lack of nacelles, but why not try just splitting it in 2?

Agree with Limey here, without knowing the armament on this section, its uses seem somewhat limited and its a little small.

Maybe make it longer and give it its own set of nacelles, or just plit into 2 sections.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2008, 01:54:49 PM »
I agree that it could use a little streamlining, but it definitely looks like a new age Prommie.  But where are the saucer nacelles going to be?

To Boldly Go...Again.

intrepid90

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2008, 03:17:59 PM »
I cant wait to see the warp nacelles, but its looking good even without, but I cant say perfect or not...becuase its still missing^^

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2008, 09:34:28 PM »

I think I've found a way to please EVERYONE

Around here, Impossible,  :lol:

Offline jericho

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2008, 04:27:55 AM »
That is a massive improvement, It shows that your putting allot of thought into it. nicely done.

Offline dlanoDcM

• Lazy bum (aka student)
  • Cookies: 1
  • "Which button fires the phasers again?"
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2008, 05:21:05 PM »
Its too early to tell without nacelles and the rest of the ship, but atm im inclined to agree with the "only split it in 2" idea

But it still looks mighty impressive  :P
Plowing my way through the modding tutorials of the great internets :D