Author Topic: Community Project  (Read 3144 times)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Community Project
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 03:11:05 PM »
I'm not even sure that a medical ship like this should even have torpedo bays
I disagree, how is the ship going to launch probes then? Other than that, I agree with everyone else's statements.
BC already has a usable probe launcher?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 03:20:21 PM »
I meant in a cannon ST environment, you can't just order your crew to kick the probe out the nearest airlock.

Offline jericho

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 03:29:12 PM »
so this is the general shape i was thinking of...

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2008, 03:33:35 PM »
The front part reminds me of the protector from Galaxy Quest.

intrepid90

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2008, 05:55:14 PM »
with this design I tend to agree that MVAM capability wouldnt make much sense...

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2008, 07:58:43 PM »
You can't just order your crew to kick the probe out the nearest airlock.

Says WHO!?!?  :arms:

---------

Jericho, that's definitely an interesting start, though it may be a litle chubby... like... a whale... or something... :/ Am I making any sense at all?

Anywho, good start. The nacelles look kinda iffy to me, too... hmm... for future reference on this ship's overall design maybe take a peak at the Enterprise F and other 25th century ships for ideas on how to 'sleek up' and shape our ship? Just looks kinda awkward as-is to me, but you're on the right track for sure.

Good luck, Jericho! :D

-Aeries.

EDIT!:: OH MY GOSH! I just realized what you could do. You know what this reminds me of, like, hard core!? The Agean! We STILL don't have a high-quality Agean Class! Jerocho, you could try something similar to that! Ooohhhh, sleek century-esque nacelles, with a nicer, smoother secondary hull and deflector than the original agean had... *drool*

...just a thought...

*wanders off in dream land*

Offline Technerd89

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2008, 09:50:17 PM »
You can't just order your crew to kick the probe out the nearest airlock.

Says WHO!?!?  :arms:

---------

Jericho, that's definitely an interesting start, though it may be a litle chubby... like... a whale... or something... :/ Am I making any sense at all?

Anywho, good start. The nacelles look kinda iffy to me, too... hmm... for future reference on this ship's overall design maybe take a peak at the Enterprise F and other 25th century ships for ideas on how to 'sleek up' and shape our ship? Just looks kinda awkward as-is to me, but you're on the right track for sure.

Good luck, Jericho! :D

-Aeries.

EDIT!:: OH MY GOSH! I just realized what you could do. You know what this reminds me of, like, hard core!? The Agean! We STILL don't have a high-quality Agean Class! Jerocho, you could try something similar to that! Ooohhhh, sleek century-esque nacelles, with a nicer, smoother secondary hull and deflector than the original agean had... *drool*

...just a thought...

*wanders off in dream land*

and perhaps working glows  :lol: cant believe the KM1.0 guys diddnt fix that on the aegian. and i agree it would be an interesting concept to have a new aegian-refit

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2008, 10:56:30 PM »
Bah, who needs the Aegian.  I'd rather have a high-res Achilles myself. :P

Anyway, back on topic.  The nacelles and nacelle pylons could use a little streamlining, but good start. :D

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline jericho

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2008, 12:04:34 AM »
Lol   aegian class ya say, interesting idea..

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2008, 02:44:10 AM »
Lol   aegian class ya say, interesting idea..

Yes, defenetly add one to your list. However, being as it is an auxilary vessel, it wouldn't have century styled nacelles untill the time when the century would be decomissioned, unless it's some kind of special mission specific vessel, say one sent to retrace voyagers steps and built for that purpose, or refit for that purpose.

As for the topic athand, the raven, I like the idea of a streamlined ship but I am not sure that fits. The nacelles and general shape still make it seem like it's an old vessel, not something brand new, post dominion war (I doubt science vessels would be build during the war). I think it should be pointier. Perhaps you should look at the voyager concepts from sternback and try useing their shapes for inspiration? I can send some to ya if you'd like.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

admiral homer

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2008, 09:41:28 AM »
Kinda reminds me of the mars defence probes used in BOBW part 2. Looking great so far tho

Offline blaXXer

• Your Leader
  • Cookies: 96
  • The proud result of slave labor
    • blaXXer.design
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2008, 09:49:39 AM »
polycount?

YOU suck, get a life, moran.

COME TO MY PLACE clicketh me!