Author Topic: Supermod v3 Issue  (Read 1713 times)

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
Supermod v3 Issue
« on: April 23, 2008, 10:24:28 PM »
Now I'm getting stretched registery textures. Even after deleting the shared textures folder, running BC_PREPARE and then reinstalling the mod. It only seems to be on the USS Sovereign (post-refit) though and no other ships in the game.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Supermod v3 Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 01:36:01 PM »
Try turning off MVAM. Just as a test, I don't think it's SDT.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 05:27:15 PM »
I don't have MVAM in my seperate Supermod v3 install.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 05:34:25 PM »
Have you tried renaming the Sovereign.tga to something else (not sovereign) in the directory data\Models\Ships\Sovereign\ ?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 05:43:27 PM »
Not yet. I'll try in a minute.

Offline CaptainRussell

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 06:26:32 PM »
I don't know what the problem is; ACES_HIGH did not experience this during his beta-test so I don't know what the problem is.

The Maelstrom campaign swaps "defaultID_glow.tga" and its specular with "SovereignID_glow.tga" and its specular in the "data/Models/SharedTextures/Sovereign" folder, so check this folder.

-CR

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 07:09:30 PM »
Weird thing is, I even tried removing the 'SovereignID_Glow.tga', went back into the game, and it still showed the Sovereign with stretched out registery textures.

pharoh

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 08:16:52 PM »
I've also been experiencing problems with the registry textures, as well as with the deflector and impulse engines. The Dauntless has all the textures grayed out and the registry is stretched and off center. The Sovereign also has messed up registry textures, the saucer's almost completely blank. Odd thing is, it only happens in the campaign and only when I'm the one controlling the ship. Either ship looks fine in the cutscenes and when you switch ships in the campaign the Dauntless looks normal and the Sovereign, which once looked fine, is messed up.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 07:57:52 AM »
Try disabling SDT.

While it shouldn't be interfering with this.

What other mods have you installed?
I think I know what is causing this, but if you don't have MVAM installed (SDT shouldn't do this, and as far as I know it doesn't), then it doesn't really.

Also, this type of issue has happend before (multiple times) search for it.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 08:17:23 AM »
Try disabling SDT.

While it shouldn't be interfering with this.

What other mods have you installed?
I think I know what is causing this, but if you don't have MVAM installed (SDT shouldn't do this, and as far as I know it doesn't), then it doesn't really.

Also, this type of issue has happend before (multiple times) search for it.

Its a fresh instll with the patch, foundation and Supermod v3 installed. I changed the uniforms because I didn't like the ones included (I thought the ones included were poor quality TBH). Added Solar Sythenthesis. Added a different ship in atmoshpere effect that I found a while ago. Added Captain Elgy's background and planet textures updates. But thats it. Nothing that would effect registeries on ships.

I have searched for it. The topics I found related to both galaxy and sovereign ships with messed up textures (Galaxy deflectors and impulse engines missing and Sovereign stretched registery textures).

But I am not having problems with textures on any of the galaxy classes in single player or quickbattle. Just the refitted Sovereign you get after hearing Admiral Liu babble on about how awesome you were, lol.

Offline CaptainRussell

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 09:03:58 AM »
You need to be sure that you have run the batch file; the batch file deletes the following folders:

"scripts/ships"
"scripts/Tactical/Projectiles"
"data/Models/Ships"
"data/Models/SharedTextures"
"data/Models/Misc"
"data/Models/Bases"
"data/Icons/Ships"
"sfx/Weapons"
"sfx/Explosions"

If the "SharedTextures" folder is not deleted, registries from the stock Federation ships will be mapped over the ships in single-player.  You also may not have installed the batch file into your "Bridge Commander" folder like you're supposed to.  You need to run the batch file and press "Enter" to delete the aforementioned directories.  This is likely to be your problem - also be sure that the batch file is in the new BC install.

-CR

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 09:11:57 AM »
You need to be sure that you have run the batch file; the batch file deletes the following folders:

"scripts/ships"
"data/Models/Ships"
"data/Models/Misc"
"data/Models/Bases"
"data/Icons/Ships"
"sfx/Weapons"
"sfx/Explosions"

If the "SharedTextures" folder is not deleted, registries from the stock Federation ships will be mapped over the ships in single-player.  You also may not have installed the batch file into your "Bridge Commander" folder like you're supposed to.  You need to run the batch file and press "Enter" to delete the aforementioned directories.  This is likely to be your problem - also be sure that the batch file is in the new BC install.

-CR

Now I'm getting stretched registery textures. Even after deleting the shared textures folder, running BC_PREPARE and then reinstalling the mod. It only seems to be on the USS Sovereign (post-refit) though and no other ships in the game.

1st post quoted.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 09:53:15 AM »
And yet old textures are present on the ships. And those textures are in the Sovereign directory, so it stands to reason that you (or the batch script) didn't completely delete all the files.

Check the data/Models/Ships/Sovereign/ directory.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 09:58:53 AM »
This is just on the Sovereign. The ENT-E textures have no problems whatsoever by the way.

EDIT: Which tga should I be looking for in the folder you mentioned Mleo?

Side note: The Sovereign also doesnt damage properly. Random parts dissapear from the ship whe she takes massive damage. I havn't noticed it on any other ships yet.

Offline CaptainRussell

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 10:28:40 AM »
The Sovereign damaging problem is something that I've only noticed in SP, and it's occurred regardless of which Sovereign-class I use - I have made a patch that will increase the hull radii of all Sovereign type ships in the modification and hopefully address this.

The batch file is set to delete these folders and ALL of their files, subdirectories, and subfiles; the batch file is however scripted in terms of Windows 2000 and XP DOS commands, which may be different than those in earlier operating systems.

For example, the older operating systems use "deltree" to delete a directory and all of its subdirectories, whereas 2000 and XP use "rmdir /S" to accomplish the same thing.  If you're using an older operating system then the batch file may not work - I guess I just now figured this out.

Delete the following folders and then reinstall the modification:

"scripts/ships"
"scripts/Maelstrom"
"data/Icons/Ships"
"data/Models/Ships"
"data/Models/Bases"
"data/Models/Misc"
"sfx/Explosions"
"sfx/Weapons"

-CR

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 10:40:12 AM »
Its Windows XP Home Edition. Guess I should have mentioned earlier.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 10:49:00 AM »
Now, have you tried what CaptainRussell said by manually deleting the directories he mentioned and then reinstalling Foundation and BC SuperModv3?

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 10:53:02 AM »
Now, have you tried what CaptainRussell said by manually deleting the directories he mentioned and then reinstalling Foundation and BC SuperModv3?

Not yet. I'll try it later tonight when I have more time.