Author Topic: Lightsaber Design Polling  (Read 2889 times)

Offline Armondikov

• Cookies: 21
Re: Lightsaber Design Polling
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 08:56:28 AM »
Done the basis of the other two now, but I'm not going to put them up here just yet. Still need a lot of work.
"This is my Earth, and it's fine. It's where I spend the vast majority of my time. It's not perfect, but it's mine."

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 09:59:06 AM »
So far I'm the only person in either thread to not get a vote :(.
MUSE!!!

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2008, 01:54:58 PM »
Awwww... :(

Offline Armondikov

• Cookies: 21
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2008, 08:14:18 AM »
So far I'm the only person in either thread to not get a vote :(.

That may be the case, but there are comparatively very few people voting and you're up against some very experienced modellers. In the future, if you keep up the work, practive with your modelling skills and design skuills you'll start pulling in more votes, and eventually be winning competitions like this.
"This is my Earth, and it's fine. It's where I spend the vast majority of my time. It's not perfect, but it's mine."

Offline limey BSc.

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2008, 03:07:13 PM »
That may be the case, but there are comparatively very few people voting and you're up against some very experienced modellers. In the future, if you keep up the work, practive with your modelling skills and design skuills you'll start pulling in more votes, and eventually be winning competitions like this.

I knew I was gonna lose when I went in anyway. Had fun messing around with the glow. Again, my thanks to lint for his help!
MUSE!!!

Offline Voyager16

• Modding is improving.
  • Cookies: 9
  • KM - Mod Team Member
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 03:25:51 PM »
executioner_de for me :D

executioner_de

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2008, 09:20:19 PM »

I knew I was gonna lose when I went in anyway. Had fun messing around with the glow. Again, my thanks to lint for his help!

Can help you with a real glow :)

executioner_de

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 10:03:03 PM »

executioner_de

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 10:15:19 PM »

Can help you with a real glow :)

1. Make a Material, Opacity 100, Specular 0, Glossines 10, Soften 0,1,Ambient and Diffuse the same colours (will be youre saber colour), Change the Material ID Channel to lets say 2.
2. In videaopost add lenseffect glow, and the view you wana render at normal perspective.
3. In the glow setting, Change the ID to 2, In prefences set the Effect size pretty low lets say 0,2.
4. Dont forget that the saber should cast light on reflections, add omni light to the blade for that, very simple and effective (dont forget to change the omni colour and the radius of it Ps.: dont let the saber omnis cast a shadow :)

Hope i havent forgoten something, its a very simple and effective blade glow :) have fun

executioner_de

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2008, 08:23:58 AM »
Urghs... well voting is over, thx guys :)