Author Topic: Instability in Single Player  (Read 4676 times)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: Instability in Single Player
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2008, 03:26:02 PM »
Thanks CR, but first I want to see if MLeo's fix worked. :wink:

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2008, 11:58:38 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but MLeo's fix didn't work and CR's batch file fried my main BC install, so I'm gonna have to reinstall my full BC install first, and deal with my SP campaign install later.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2008, 08:40:23 AM »
Define fried, what do you see? What is the error?

Also, I find it mildly supprising that it didn't work.

I actually think making the SuperMod work would be best.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2008, 10:55:56 AM »
The Supermod works now, it's just that the batch file deleted the folders from my custom BC install in Activison/Bridge Commander, even though I installed the batch fille under Activision/Bridge Commander Campaign. :( Oh well, back to the beginning.

whitisshawn

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2008, 03:36:51 PM »
What other galaxy bridge mods have you installed?

Remember, any real change to the bridge not textures or BP Model addons (overlays) cause the singleplayer to fail.

I uninstalled the game and put it in c:. I made a folder (Star Trek bridge Commander) and installed the game there because of Vista incompatability possibilities. The game works so far up to the second save with patch 1.1 and BCMI/w foundation. Afraid to download anything else. Want to be sure. So your saying just download supermod 3.0 and forget about KM1.0? And is it ok to download TOS Cannon pack?
Do I need anything else to run supermod 3.0? Do I need BCMP? Witch is the best, KM or SM3.0?
Sorry about all the help I seem to need, but I don't wanna have anymore probs.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2008, 05:06:38 PM »
You cannot use KM 1.0 and BC Supermod together. Installing KM eliminates SP as an option because 99% of the mods in KM conflict with SP. All in all, BC Supermod is stand alone and should only be modded with great care.

Oh, and welcome to the forums, sorry about my harsh tone.

Please help
Welcome to the world of forums, where we will help, in due time. Please be patient.

My single player game crashes to desktop after Admiral Lui finishes talking in the start of the game.
Did you read the beginning of this topic? That question was already answered.

whitisshawn

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2008, 04:50:12 PM »
Installed game, patch 1.1, BCMIw/Foundation, SuperMod 3.0. Game worked fine into like 5th save.
Thats as far as i played. Then I wanted to install TOS cannon pack. So I read install instuctions and discovered I needed NanoFX 2.0, Shuttle Launch Framework 1.2, MVAM Infinite 2.0. Getting this game right is so confusing. Installed NanoFX 2.0, tried the game, does not work. Tried installing GFTnanofx2 fix and nanofx SP fix and still don't work. Not sure how to do console report. I am reinstalling up to=Game,patch 1.1, BCMI, and supermod 3.0. Im pretty sure its stable up to there. I would like to have TOS cannon and other mods, but having to much difficulty.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2008, 05:26:07 PM »
Console report please.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2008, 10:48:47 PM »
Not sure how to do console report.
Stickies :wink:

As for installing NFXv2 and other things, I would recommend a separate install for this, as the more you install, the less SP works and Supermod is designed for SP playability. For non-Sp improvement, install KM 1.0 and work up from there.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2008, 04:33:24 PM »
Alrighty, here's the best description I can give of BC Supermod v3, for clairification. BC Supermod v3 contatains, in addidtion to many cool new ships and effects, its own version of Foundation. If you install anything, such as NFXv2, that overwrites CR's version of Foundation, you will encounter problems. Most likely the BSOD you are experiencing after installing NFXv2 is due to the Foundation rewrite in NFXv2. The ship plugin codes for BC Supermod do not work with NFXv2 installed. You will have to rewrite the ship plugins.

As for TCMP and other mods, I strongly suggest that you create a separate install, using KM 1.0 as a stable foundation to expand from.

As for KM installation instructions, there is a small .txt file called a ReadMe. It is titled as such because you are supposed to read it to understand how to use whatever you are using. I have checked the KM readme, and it does provide a very limited explaination on how to install it. To install KM, simply copy the folders, data, scripts, and sfx, into your BC location.

I still would like to see a console report to confirm my suspicions.

whitisshawn

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2008, 08:25:43 PM »
Alrighty, here's the best description I can give of BC Supermod v3, for clairification. BC Supermod v3 contatains, in addidtion to many cool new ships and effects, its own version of Foundation. If you install anything, such as NFXv2, that overwrites CR's version of Foundation, you will encounter problems. Most likely the BSOD you are experiencing after installing NFXv2 is due to the Foundation rewrite in NFXv2. The ship plugin codes for BC Supermod do not work with NFXv2 installed. You will have to rewrite the ship plugins.

As for TCMP and other mods, I strongly suggest that you create a separate install, using KM 1.0 as a stable foundation to expand from.

As for KM installation instructions, there is a small .txt file called a ReadMe. It is titled as such because you are supposed to read it to understand how to use whatever you are using. I have checked the KM readme, and it does provide a very limited explaination on how to install it. To install KM, simply copy the folders, data, scripts, and sfx, into your BC location.

I still would like to see a console report to confirm my suspicions.
[/quote
Thanks kirk2164 for your help. I recently installed km on another pc. Had to reinstall Nanofx2.0 umm and Nano fx fixes in order to get my menu back. Had a few probs with game crashes. Making sure i have shuttle launch framework and such. I still cannot connect to multiplayer game due to file mismatch. How am I supposed to know what files or programs to have? Also sorry still don't know how to console report, but my probs have since changed. Trial and error lol!!!

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2008, 08:56:02 PM »
To get a console report, please read this sticky: http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php?topic=57.0

As for your KM situation, if I understand what you're saying, you installed NFX, Shuttle Launch Framework, and UMM, over KM. If you did do this, it was unnecessary. KM comes with these mods.

Also, could you edit your post to include another bracket, "]" after "[/quote"