Author Topic: i dont know whats wrong with my game.....theres definatly somthing  (Read 1215 times)

inuyasha4774

ok so i downloaded the SS raven model to try making a hardpoint from scratch, but whenever i select the ship from the menu and click the start button to get the model going, the game acts like its loading...............then it just stops and the game locks up, no error messeges, not that weird hardpoint thing where the battle doesnt start but you can still move around, the game just sits there with "loading" plastered on the viewscreen, and dont ask for a console report, i cant get it to show because the games LOCKED UP!

Picard_1

Re: i dont know whats wrong with my game.....theres definatly somthing
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 12:23:23 AM »
It may be because you don't have the proper species number associated with the hardpoint.

inuyasha4774

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 09:52:01 PM »
so does this mean that when i remake my scripts that i use ones from the same mod to do it, and not ones that i just pick at random?

Picard_1

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 12:53:50 AM »
so does this mean that when i remake my scripts that i use ones from the same mod to do it, and not ones that i just pick at random?

If you copy the number in from another ship and change the name around it may not work. Don't pick numbers at random. Each race has a specific set of species numbers associated with the ship property of the hardpoint. For example, the Feds are 100-199, 200-299 for Cards, 300-399 for Roms, 400-499 for Kling, 500-599 for Kessok, 600-699 for Fergs, and 700-799 may be misc.

So if you have a Fed ship, you should choose a number between 100-199. Your ship property should look similar to this:

Akira = App.ShipProperty_Create("Akira")

Akira.SetGenus(1)
Akira.SetSpecies(103)
Akira.SetMass(800.000000)
Akira.SetRotationalInertia(28000.000000)
Akira.SetShipName("Centaur")
Akira.SetModelFilename("data/Models/Ships/Akira/Akira.nif")
Akira.SetDamageResolution(7.000000)
Akira.SetAffiliation(0)
Akira.SetStationary(0)
Akira.SetAIString("FedAttack")
Akira.SetDeathExplosionSound("g_lsDeathExplosions")
App.g_kModelPropertyManager.RegisterLocalTemplate(Akira)
###############################################

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 11:22:44 AM »
Can you try the following in the console:
Code: [Select]
import ships.Hardpoints.<<Your Hardpoint Filename Without .py Here>>[/quote]
And tell me what happens?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

inuyasha4774

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 11:24:18 PM »
well im not saying that those are bad ideas i'l keep them in mind, but i didnt change any of the HP properties, its just rescaled type 9 shuttle HP no more, i was wondering about the scripts that make the model load though, when i make those, should i choose scripts from the same mod, for example when i use the Plugin from Lintsexcelsior, should i use the model load script with the same anme?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 07:03:21 AM »
Then what did you change, exactly? And more specificly, how did you change it?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

inuyasha4774

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 03:08:39 AM »
ok so heres what i did in order
1: I looked at the model name to learn what id have to type in for the model load script
2: i made the model load script with the shuttle HP renamed "ssraven" (i do that with almost all of my mods to keep it simple rename it all the same thing i mean)
3: I made a plugin and and named the  "shipfile" line "ssraven" (same as the model load script)
4: I took the rescaled type 9 shuttle hp (not the PYC file) and renamed it "ssraven"
5: i loaded my game and it locked up

i dont know what else to tell you except this

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 06:40:33 PM »
Could you attach all the changed files (not model or texture files)?

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 11:01:22 AM »
ok so heres what i did in order
1: I looked at the model name to learn what id have to type in for the model load script
2: i made the model load script with the shuttle HP renamed "ssraven" (i do that with almost all of my mods to keep it simple rename it all the same thing i mean)
3: I made a plugin and and named the  "shipfile" line "ssraven" (same as the model load script)
4: I took the rescaled type 9 shuttle hp (not the PYC file) and renamed it "ssraven"
5: i loaded my game and it locked up

i dont know what else to tell you except this
did you rename the [internals] inside the ssraven.py, in the scripts\ships   {easy to forget to change them}
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?