Author Topic: Exit Game & Abort Mission  (Read 956 times)

Retribution

Exit Game & Abort Mission
« on: June 13, 2008, 07:36:53 AM »
 #loveFFX#

Okay guys, usual story here. Custom install, debug window hating me for it.

Every time I try to abort the mission or exit the game, I get a debug window. They are very very similar and have been maximized for your viewing pleasure. It's got me stumped (not exactly uncommon) and it's starting to drive me nuts. I don't want to have to keep playing the game in windowed mode just so I can hit X on those things to get back to windows.

Thanks for any help guys.

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
Re: Exit Game & Abort Mission
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 07:50:00 AM »
im not a scripting expert,
But it appears to be a problem with the slipstream drive plugin.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 08:21:46 AM »
This is what it looks like to me:

BC is triggering a new mission event, but it's doing so on the Abort Mission (and thus also Exit Game) button, and since it's exiting, there is no Episode.

Contact the author and point him to this thread.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 08:53:11 AM »
this is a link to the Slipstream Tech Support forum:
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?board=68.0

Offline cnotsch

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 06:01:16 PM »
I've got the same problem, when exiting the game (fullscreen) it crashes, but since I use VISTA now i have no problem terminating the process. As MLeo already said it is trying to do something where it shouldn't. I think the autor might left out a command at a teminate function, a simple check if a mission still exists or something like this...
So far for the traceback error...

But what all that statements before that are, I don't have a clue where your install prints that...  :?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 06:13:12 PM »
Those statements before aren't errors.

Try this in the console:
Code: [Select]
print "Not everything you see here is an error"Finish taht with Enter. ;)

Most of that are FoundationTriggers, and possibly the FoundationTechnologies PhaseCloak.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.