Author Topic: NanoFX 2.0 and Supermod 3?  (Read 1479 times)

Vladan

NanoFX 2.0 and Supermod 3?
« on: June 28, 2008, 01:47:48 PM »
TNG just started showing again on one of the local channel so I got a sudden craving to play something Star Trek :P
I dug up BC out, looked out for some cool new stuff for it and found stuff I did! NanoFX and Supermod more precisely.

Anyway, I just can't get to have them work together. No matter which I install first, the game refuses to start. If I install just one, it works fine, as soon as I put another, it breaks. So, is it even possible for both of them to work? Or should I go with just one (and if so, which one should you recommend for more visual enjoyment)?

Thanks ahead.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: NanoFX 2.0 and Supermod 3?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 01:51:38 PM »
BC Supermod and NFXv2 are incompatible without some major scripting changes. CR made a new foundation for Supermod and NFX overwrites it.

Vladan

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 02:36:34 PM »
Hmm, should I go with NanoFX then, since it seems to have more visual improvements than Supermod, at least of what can be seen in singleplayer campaign which I'll be mostly playing (probably no quick battle and MP)?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 05:42:41 PM »
You might get away with it by first installing NanoFX and then Supermod. ;)
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Vladan

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 07:59:39 PM »
Tried that already, doesn't work unfortunately. The game either won't start at all, or starts and just shows black screen or works a little bit and crashes as soon as I give out an order.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 08:09:58 PM »
When you get a black screen, can you open the console to see what is wrong?

At any case, like Kirk2164 said, SuperModv3 isn't designed to work with NanoFXv2, but it is designed to add more mods to SP without sacrificing SP abilities.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.