Author Topic: Artz.....  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
Artz.....
« on: August 08, 2008, 01:29:29 AM »
I wasn't supposed to be showing this, but I'm my own boss, so... meh....

nothing is definitive, tho

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: Artz.....
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 01:55:57 AM »
Hmm, what's this for? Personal use? Anyways looks good so far.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 11:43:34 AM »
Is this a bridge for BC? The "Set" as it would be when filming is being done, hence the bluescreen? :P

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 01:56:21 PM »
The "Set" as it would be when filming is being done, hence the bluescreen? :P
... sort of...  8)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 10:10:06 AM »
Edit: I see a bridge now.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
Re: Artz..... (HELP!1!! :S)
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2008, 04:56:41 PM »
ok, here's a challenge for those graphic gurus...
I have the floor of that bridge, which I want to render to texture. it's some 6 or 7 meshes, all separate. I can group them, and I can turn the whole group to mesh. the problem comes when I flatten the coords. every unwrapper goes to a separate mesh, although it's applied after the "turn to mesh".
any ideas on how can I select it as a whole and map it manually? I know it can be done for meshes that are a single object, but is it possible for groups?

if it's not clear, feel free to ask me to clarify.

Offline Armondikov

• Cookies: 21
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 04:38:40 PM »
It could either be that you haven't really made it as one mesh, rather than using any fancy tools, just do a simple copy/paste job to get them into the same bit. Alternatively, it could be your unwrapping settings, I assume you're using Max or something while I use Lightwave but I assume the principles are the same. You can unwrap a mesh to a UV by various projections such as cylindrical or planar or you can do it by parts and produce different areas depending on what part the polygon is attached to.
"This is my Earth, and it's fine. It's where I spend the vast majority of my time. It's not perfect, but it's mine."

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 08:54:44 PM »
re-floated this project, but still have stones in the way....

look at this RTT test of the floor..... the mapping is right in the coord editor but I get this weird difference....
the render is prior to the RTT, and you see, it casts and receives shadows (very faint, but they are there), but none of them appear in the RTT
it's a simple spot and a skylight, at the moment.

any ideas?