Author Topic: To any newcomers, to any lurkers, to those who have been away for a while - pls say hello HERE :)  (Read 28587 times)

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
I used to lurk a lot around here but it wasn't until last Christmas when I had something to show everyone that I actually joined. I think I lurked for just over half a year? It was actually BC and the works of DJ and a few others that got me into modeling to begin with.  :lol:

'Twas Daves Stargate Pack that got me in. My first several posts were in his thread at FF and I, along with many others, followed him to BCS after the whole GJO era. First thing I ever modelled was the Priors chair on the Ori bridge.
MUSE!!!

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
Can't remember the last time I lurked. If I'm around, people normally know about it! :lol:

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
I lurked about 6 months in 02, and in early 03 I started posting at BCU.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
I've been lurking since 2004 till late 2005/ early 2006 I think... mainly because my english was so poor that I couldn't even write single sentence :lol: now I got back to lurking and hit & run modding tactic :D

Pegasus

Been pretty busy as of late in Uni, but i'm still here.

PJCham

Mostly lurking since coming here with problems (and finding solutions) concerning KM and Galaxy Charts. My programming skills are old and graphic skills are even older. I follow both sections (and skim through most of the others) but shy away from commenting on things that're beyond my own abilities.

Offline SMBW

• Noob
  • Cookies: 107
I'd say I'm a lurker as well. I just watch out for news which are of interest to me (eg Scripting Section / WIPs) and comment on only a few things like DQP. And atm it seems like I've too much time left so I'm posting (and resurrecting this thread) here  :lol:
Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.  - -  Mark Twain

Sorry for my bad English!

Offline JimmyB76

you make up for your lurking here with your activity at BCS :)

Offline John W

• Cookies: 0
Hi everyone.

I'm something of a lurker here myself too. I'm a huge fan of all the awesome mods that people have made for all the Star Trek games out there, they've certainly improved my enjoyment of those games. So I'd like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank the whole modding community for all these years of excellence. I wish I had your talents, but I don't so all I can do is admire yours. LOL!

My favourite BC mods are of course the Bridge Plug-In and the bridges made for it. I used to have loads of problems with all the mods I had installed. But when I discovered KM 1.0 a few months ago, that not only sorted them all it made the game a lot better looking too! So, many thanks there! I think big mods like that are probably better as all the parts usually work together better. It's the same with the Ultimate Universe Mod for ST Legacy (another awesome game and mod I play regularly!).

Finally, I want to say like so many of you I too was shocked and saddened at the recent news of Filefront packing-up. I regularly visit BCFiles, LegacyFiles and EliteForceFiles every day and have always enjoyed seeing new awesome mods released.

Offline JimmyB76

Offline LordReserei

• Cookies: 10
    • Youtube Channel
I was a lurker, for about a minute....I came to this site, saw something that caught my attention and signed up with the intention of voicing my opinion then just couldn't help but come on, check the threads and posts, comment and make my own threads.

signed up February 12, 2009

it's become somewhat of an addiction to come here.

"hi, my name's LordReserei and I'm a bc-cenralaholic" lol
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit|Asus M5A97 R2.0|Phenom II x6 1090T BE|24GB DDR3 1600MHz|XFX HD6870 1GB|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB/Seagate Barracuda 2TB|CM Elite 430|CM TX3 Evo

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
Hmm, never lurked when I signed up but it's becoming that way lol. I hardly post anything nowdays.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline bannon

• Cookies: 0
Hi long time lurker, years in fact, very occasional poster.lol. Lurked at BC Universe then over to here. So hallo! Love your mods.:)

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
Lol, I find it hard to believe that people can visit a forum every day for years and never post. Just seems... strange.

Even I that doesn't post a lot anymore, still posts a couple of times a week.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline Vanguard

• Cookies: 5
Hai there, i kinda ish lurk here, i comment when i see something which really nabs my attention (As a fan of the ST:VOY series you probably will see me most in the DQP topic =P)

I have released... One mod for BC, the Tardis retexture, simply because i preferred the newer version to the old one...

I would be happy to texture a Tardis for somebody if they built a better model =).

Offline JimmyB76

Lol, I find it hard to believe that people can visit a forum every day for years and never post. Just seems... strange.
not really...  there are a number of forums i check regularly that i hardly post in (believe it or not lol :P)...

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
not really...  there are a number of forums i check regularly that i hardly post in (believe it or not lol :P)...

Lol, I suppose if you don't do it yourself it seems a bit wierd.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
Myself, I usually wind up joining the forums after a while. I lurk for forever, or until I'm comfortable that the community in question is accepting and "cool enough", then join when I'm comfortable with the idea. I hate joining places and finding out it's full of jerks.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
I hate joining places and finding out it's full of jerks.

**cough** filefront forums  **cough**

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
I am almost exclusively a lurker now.   :P
I check on mod progress all the time, but I refrain from posting.  I'm trying to break my addiction to computers, so that's why you haven't seen me very often.