Author Topic: To any newcomers, to any lurkers, to those who have been away for a while - pls say hello HERE :)  (Read 28555 times)

Offline Nexxus21

• Commanding USS Solaris Mk-I Refit
  • Cookies: 4
  • Our Continuing Mission Of Exploration
I've been around since 2006.08.02 and this is my 64th post.... I tend to follow BC modding/BC Scripting/BC Bridge Modding and BC Downloads venturing into other topics such as this one from time to time. Then I usually stop posting for a peiod and am primarily a voyeur observing from behind the scenes :shock:...Lurker I meant lurker....
If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us...-Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.

Offline Creative Inc

• Cookies: 11
I registered here in August 2006 and was even part of BCU for a long time, back in the ATPD days. I've posted a few times here and there to help where I can.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
yep indeed - you go back to the oldschool days :)
good to see ya back around again!

Offline SMBW

• Noob
  • Cookies: 107
I registered here in August 2006 and was even part of BCU for a long time, back in the ATPD days.

I still remember seeing the ATP-D logo of yours. It's on the top of this page:

http://users.skynet.be/Alexis.Rombaut/BridgeCommander/Pages/AdvancedTechnologies/ATP_Dimensions.htm

The first time I saw it ATP-D has already been canceled...  :(
Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.  - -  Mark Twain

Sorry for my bad English!

Offline Creative Inc

• Cookies: 11
I've come a long way in terms of 3d rendering since those days as well.
I'm currently involved with a team from the Netherlands who are working on a Star Trek Fan Series called Dark Armada.
If you haven't heard of it, check it out. We've just release our first short episode.
http://www.darkarmada.nl

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X0TU1PF3

Offline The Stig

Hi,

I registered here on August 03, 2006. I've been lurking around the community for much, much longer though. Actually I've been a lurker since the early days of the BC community, I never though it would live on for such a long time. I used to do some beta testing for BSC:TNG (DS9FX and Slipstream) and Galaxycharts v1.0. You will probably find my name in the credits somewhere  :P. Since then I have had to give up beta testing since school just eats up all of my time. I sort of miss beta testing since it was my small way of putting something back into this great community and showing some appreciation for the magnificent work that the moders do.

I hope the BC community lives on for many more years despite the recent BC Files scare!

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
They say he lurks around on forums, they say he has beta tested for BCS, but what we know is, he's called "The Stig"

lol, couldn't resist, I love that show.  keep up the posting, don't be afraid to post, we won't bite (Except maybe Blaxxer)

Offline Nexxus21

• Commanding USS Solaris Mk-I Refit
  • Our Continuing Mission Of Exploration
Hi,

I registered here on August 03, 2006. I've been lurking around the community for much, much longer though. Actually I've been a lurker since the early days of the BC community, I never though it would live on for such a long time. I used to do some beta testing for BSC:TNG (DS9FX and Slipstream) and Galaxycharts v1.0. You will probably find my name in the credits somewhere  :P. Since then I have had to give up beta testing since school just eats up all of my time. I sort of miss beta testing since it was my small way of putting something back into this great community and showing some appreciation for the magnificent work that the moders do.

I hope the BC community lives on for many more years despite the recent BC Files scare!

Stig has been around since 08.03.2006 and this was his 16th post....Definite Lurker :shock: Therefore I wish to honor you with your first cookie 8) Way to go!

(quote tags fixed)
If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us...-Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.

Offline The Stig

Thank you for the kind comments and yes I'm a huge fan of Top Gear, been so long before its rise to international fame. I must try to do some more posting...

Oh and on reminiscing about how long I've been luring around the BC community; when I first stumbled upon BCFiles the hottest new thing was the recent release of the Excelsior for BC  :D

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
id been lurking round here for a little over a year, i only registered at like the beginning of the year because i wanted to get into modding, and now that i have im glad i made the decision.

and DJ, keep up the kick ass work dude, ur definitely an inspiration.
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline BES

• Cookies: 5
Ive been lurking abit lately(for a few years now), mainly because I failed with my Wing Commander mod(the bigger one, had TONS more ships Kilrathi,Confed,Black Lance,Nephilim,Pirate ETC) and lost most of my files for it and cant get them anymore, because some people were very rude, and because this game and these modding forums are so old(or you were too busy) that most of you wouldnt take the time to help me on stuff without giving me a hard time instead of just helping,also because I dont know what else to contribute that hasnt been already done.

I pretty much moved to NanoFX Evolved as a beta tester, been on their site more than this one.

But I came back recently because I tried to re-install BC and some new mods I saw...but the games giving me a hard time since I forgot what order to install the mods without causing crashes or a black screen or both..

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
Hello!  I tend to lurk every once in a while when I'm bored with my work on the First Contact pack LOL, and sometimes I just lurk to well...lurk :P.

I was a bigger lurker back in the old days at BCU...mainly because I was a bit shy :oops:  And well, the first mod I installed was a torpedo mod which i screwed up majorly (mainly because back then I didn't know about foundation and the BC patch lol)

But now that I've become more active, I've learned a lot about texturing (which I'm STILL learning) and I'm working my way into max.  I do have all of you to thank!
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
I was lurking from 03' - 06' over at BCU. From 07' - about half of 08' I lost interest in BC and barely started coming back, only this time I decided to post. I'm still kinda getting acquainted with all the new stuff that came out while I wasn't actively checking the sites (things like Ftech and so fourth, I stopped coming around when ATP was still widely used  :D )

Offline ECGadget

• aka Intercity125
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 260
  • Sweet Niblets!
Well, I suppose I am a lurker on here... but on 9th and BCS... entirely different matter... Just ask Jimmy about my little stunt on BCS

Offline Mustang

• Resident Movie Critic
  • Cookies: 46
  • Muse Fan
I guess I qualify as a lurker now. Hey all.

Offline William T. Riker

• Cookies: 9
I don't come here often, so technically, I'm not a lurker. :mrgreen:

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
I don't come here often, so technically, I'm not a lurker. :mrgreen:
lol your 11000ish postcounts at BCU hardly qualifies you as a lurker by any definition; even if here  :P

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
Jimmy's got a point.  Once old school, always old school.

Offline William T. Riker

• Cookies: 9
lol your 11000ish postcounts at BCU hardly qualifies you as a lurker by any definition; even if here  :P
Is that a screenshot of the final tally?  I sort of gave up after I achieved 11000.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
Jimbo, isn't it supposed to be "You are not your postcount...?"  :arms: :P