Author Topic: 4 Bridges: 2 Excelsior, 1 Ambassador, 1 Prometheus  (Read 3348 times)

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
Re: 4 Bridges: 2 Excelsior, 1 Ambassador, 1 Prometheus
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 07:35:58 PM »
I really like that Ambassador MSD... looks nice and sharp.

I'm not sure I would have gone with blue for the prommie LCARS though. I'd see this with more of the golden design of the early sovereign bridge, similar to what was seen in first contact.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 11:16:02 AM »
It's set around Nemesis (2379). So I'm being picky with my timeframe. :D I thought that having the original yellow/pinky red/purple LCARS looked off against the dull grey's of this bridge. And I've already gone to far to do any radical changes.

Piccies...
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Dalek

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 02:48:22 PM »
After some painful chopping, saturating and getting these pics, I give you a slightly revised version. Blue and orange LCARS!
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 02:55:39 PM »
HMMM nice. :Doh a cookie toooooo
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2009, 05:47:32 PM »
Pretttyyyyyy...

You get a cookie from me, as well. :)

Offline Dalek

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2009, 05:52:45 PM »
I'm going to get fat at this point :P. It ake it people are liking the Blue/Orange LCAR combination?

- Lorien

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2009, 06:11:57 PM »
That looks kinda cool.  Can you get a pick of the overall bridge, so we can get a feel for the atmosphere?

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2009, 07:27:02 AM »
Great I like that color scheme ;) looks like early VOY LCARS

Offline Dalek

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2009, 07:38:12 AM »
I'm not sure whether ths counts as "overall" FarShot but heres a few.

- Lorien

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2009, 09:16:47 AM »
It ake it people are liking the Blue/Orange LCAR combination?
it is different...  it takes a little bit to get used to, tho youve done a good job on them...  im just not sure about the use of them two together, personally...  why did you choose blue and orange? 

Offline FarShot

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2009, 10:16:00 AM »
Ok, thanks for that.

I like the console scheme, but it doesn't work well with the grayness of the walls, floor, ceiling, and furniture.  I'd make them purplish-reddish, sorta Nemesis like.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2009, 02:04:51 PM »
Ok, thanks for that.

I like the console scheme, but it doesn't work well with the grayness of the walls, floor, ceiling, and furniture.  I'd make them purplish-reddish, sorta Nemesis like.

I disagree. I think the wall coloring, and the blue/orange LCARS look very well together. Perhaps making the consoles "dimmer" when in Red Alert mode would help thou.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2009, 04:33:17 PM »
Indigo/goldenrod makes for a wrecking combination of LCARS, that's what I am using for several of my projects at the moment.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2009, 09:27:29 AM »
IIRC, the Nemsis LCARS are blue and a paler orangey yellow. I don't want purple. I realised that when I first tried it. It doesn't suit my style.

- Lorien

Offline FarShot

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2009, 11:08:46 AM »
Oh, I probably shoulda clarified, but I like the consoles color, but I don't think it sits with the gray of the interior.  I was suggesting different color for the carpet and ceiling supports etc.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2009, 11:29:19 AM »
Ohhhhhhh :D. Any suggestions? I can't quite imagine a Sovie style wallpaper...yet.

- Lorien

Offline CaptainGMAN

• Cookies: 9
  • Call me Gibbs
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2009, 08:24:35 PM »
Very nice Dale.
Have a cookie on the XO.

9th Fleet here to also.