Author Topic: What ever happen to the Enterprise-B  (Read 9222 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: What ever happen to the Enterprise-B
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2009, 11:29:23 AM »
yeah, but now it's all EXCELCE kitbashes :P

if Gene were still alive, he'd be pitching fits at all the X varients with three nacelles.  he felt odd number were too weird.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2009, 11:34:15 AM »
Though it is far from canon, I wrote a series called "The Continuing Voyages" set on the Ent-B. This was back in 1994.

Harraman quit after Kirk was lost and he was replaced by Peter Kirk, and Saavik as the first officer.

The show would have ended (after 7 traditional seasons) with the Enterprise called to a deep space starbase which has been threatened by mysterious alien force. So the  Enterprise and 2 other ships try to fight off this giant ship. The 2 Connies are quickly disabled and the alien is about to deploy his super weapon. In a last ditch attempt to save the starbase (which has Kirk's wife and child on) he orders the Enterprise (ID4) style into the path of the weapon and unleashes all the Enterprise's fire power, the resulting damage to the super weapon destroys the alien ship. The Enterprise is too close to the Alien and with damaged shields takes the full force of the ships explosion.

Several large chunks impact the ship ripping off a nacelle and a big chunk hits the forward edge of the saucer and cart wheels up to the bridge ripping a large hole in it. All the crew on the bridge are killed and the Enterprise is left a wreck.

Initially I had the Enterprise decommissioned, but later revised it to have it repaired and have Rachel Garrett take command and Samantha Kirk (Peter Kirk's wife) as Science Officer. There would have been tension between Garrett and Kirk, as Garrett would have be Peter Kirk girlfriend at the academy.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline candle_86

• Cookies: 2
  • Position Gamma Hydra sector 10
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2009, 12:24:24 PM »
ill agree to that, but nothing touch's the sexist ship that ever graced the fleet, that would be the Daedalus, its my all time favorite ship when I get better im gonna make fleets of them

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2009, 02:22:06 PM »
Though it is far from canon, I wrote a series called "The Continuing Voyages" set on the Ent-B. This was back in 1994.

Harraman quit after Kirk was lost and he was replaced by Peter Kirk, and Saavik as the first officer.

The show would have ended (after 7 traditional seasons) with the Enterprise called to a deep space starbase which has been threatened by mysterious alien force. So the  Enterprise and 2 other ships try to fight off this giant ship. The 2 Connies are quickly disabled and the alien is about to deploy his super weapon. In a last ditch attempt to save the starbase (which has Kirk's wife and child on) he orders the Enterprise (ID4) style into the path of the weapon and unleashes all the Enterprise's fire power, the resulting damage to the super weapon destroys the alien ship. The Enterprise is too close to the Alien and with damaged shields takes the full force of the ships explosion.

Several large chunks impact the ship ripping off a nacelle and a big chunk hits the forward edge of the saucer and cart wheels up to the bridge ripping a large hole in it. All the crew on the bridge are killed and the Enterprise is left a wreck.

Initially I had the Enterprise decommissioned, but later revised it to have it repaired and have Rachel Garrett take command and Samantha Kirk (Peter Kirk's wife) as Science Officer. There would have been tension between Garrett and Kirk, as Garrett would have be Peter Kirk girlfriend at the academy.

Mind sharing your series with us ??? :) I'd love to read them ;)

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2009, 02:24:08 PM »
The only thing I have left of that show is a youtube video I did called "resurrection of the Enterprise"
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2009, 04:13:50 PM »
Ah too bad I love fan made Trek stories, sometimes they are way better than movies

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2009, 04:43:27 PM »
Even the absurd slash stories which are written by females who have less IQ than pubic hair? :roll :funny
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2009, 04:59:48 PM »
it looks better than overrated connie, 13 out of 12 mod ships is a Connie, connie kitbash or something along those lines IMHO. Excelsior FTW! :evil

How can you have 13 out of 12?  :wtf

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2009, 05:21:04 PM »
Even the absurd slash stories which are written by females who have less IQ than pubic hair? :roll :funny
apparently I have female friend who's capable of writing much more complex and epic stories than J.K. Rowling for example and she has pretty decent IQ (which is total bullcrap IMHO but lets leave that matter for another thread shall we) she's quite a trek fan and she managed to write few short stories which were really cool (not very canon but still they could make few nice episodes)
you really should dig internet for fan made trek stories and not only trek... you'll find some good ones as well as crappy but hey, these people are doing it for fun and they're not professional writers ;)

it looks better than overrated connie, 13 out of 12 mod ships is a Connie, connie kitbash or something along those lines IMHO. Excelsior FTW! :evil
can't find anything wrong with that... 20 % of my mods are Connie refits (Excalibur with hard specular panneling, USS Constitution, Connie pack v.1 and v.2-not yet released) also most of my mods are TMP ships which are Connie based (Miranda, Akula etc.)
Excelsior is also overrated (DS9 and TNG crews are so screwed during battles...pity :funny)
Also there is 1605 ships on BCFiles, about 40 of them have Constitution in name (not to mention most of them are TOS Connies and TNG variants/Evos while 10 of them are Refits) that's hardly 5% of all ship mods so I don't think there is Connie domination as only Baz1701 pack are up to date models ;)

btw. Kudos to your maths teacher :roll :funny j/k  :P

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2009, 05:26:53 PM »
ill agree to that, but nothing touch's the sexist ship that ever graced the fleet, that would be the Daedalus, its my all time favorite ship when I get better im gonna make fleets of them

Wonder if the greeks had an plural of Daedalus. "Daedali"? Lol. Another Time gab there that needs to be filled with ships.
But back to the Ent B, I could imagine that this "XYZ important thing comes Tuesday" was one reason for "Star Traks" to start

Offline Lionus

« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2009, 05:50:56 PM »

can't find anything wrong with that... 20 % of my mods are Connie refits (Excalibur with hard specular panneling, USS Constitution, Connie pack v.1 and v.2-not yet released) also most of my mods are TMP ships which are Connie based (Miranda, Akula etc.)
Excelsior is also overrated (DS9 and TNG crews are so screwed during battles...pity :funny)
Also there is 1605 ships on BCFiles, about 40 of them have Constitution in name (not to mention most of them are TOS Connies and TNG variants/Evos while 10 of them are Refits) that's hardly 5% of all ship mods so I don't think there is Connie domination as only Baz1701 pack are up to date models ;)

btw. Kudos to your maths teacher :roll :funny j/k  :P

my maths teacher gave up on me. as did chemistry teacher.. I just can't deal with numbers and unknown factors etc.. but enough offtopic, as amusing as it might be.  :D

And i admit that i was exaggerating ( slightly ;) :P) , but most of older trekkies will nominate connie as their favorite ship class, since they grew up with it. my personal favorite would be constellation, the underdog.. but Excelsior is close to it, holding the second spot.

My love
I know
Love,
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
Remember, remember me."

Offline candle_86

• Cookies: 2
  • Position Gamma Hydra sector 10
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2009, 06:01:15 PM »
it depends on the connie, the 1st piolt is alirhgt the nacelles need more detail, the 2nd piolt version is the best connie, followed by the series run connie. Then the EnterpriseA takes 3 place with the Enterprise original refit taking the place with 1st piolt in last place.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2009, 06:24:25 PM »
my maths teacher gave up on me. as did chemistry teacher.. I just can't deal with numbers and unknown factors etc.. but enough offtopic, as amusing as it might be.  grin
:D same here :funny

I think there could be at least a really good comic with Enterprise B crew although I'd like trilogy of really good books about it... there are so many ideas and it is one of the biggest gaps in Trek

Offline Lionus

« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2009, 06:35:54 PM »
As long as the said cartoon/comic wouldn't be a representation of some old episode in new dress, I'm in.. in before KHHHAAAAAAANNNN!!!  :D :funny

My love
I know
Love,
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
Remember, remember me."

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2009, 07:48:29 PM »
there's one problem with the "wife" of peter kirk...cause one of the other spinoffs for fans made peter kirk gay :P
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2009, 09:57:08 PM »
so.... about the Enterprise-B?
or has this thread exhausted itself? :P

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2009, 01:29:07 AM »
one fan theory I read postulated that the Enterprise-B, was indeed the only ship of that particular subclass, and was mothballed to make way for the C.  But later recommissioned as the Lakota during the Borg buildup

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2009, 04:32:03 AM »
I used to like to think that Enterprise B had short career in Starfleet and whole design was overall failure as it wasn't too much of an improvement over standard Excelsior thus there was only one ship back then and one during dominion wars... or maybe Enterprise B was given up after long service for training missions and then it was refitted and renamed (there was already another Enterprise in the fleet) to USS Lakota :) what do you think ?

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2009, 09:36:27 AM »
based on the Excels out there, i think I agree with bones.  the design didn't really work, after all the reaserch and effort they put in.  why else would they give the damn things to UPS and Fedex?

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Fedex_Excelsior;41689

fedex refit.

UPS Excelsior
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline B5

• The One Who Will Be
  • Cookies: 11
  • Babylon 5: The Last of the Babylon Stations.
« Reply #99 on: November 26, 2011, 02:29:32 PM »
I know I'm bringing up an old topic, but I can't see any reason for The NCC-1701-B being lost or destroyed. Retirement seems the only way.
On a pirateship talking piracy with pirates. Arrrr me hearties. There be whirlpools here. And another pirate ships. Full of pirates... from pirateland... and piratebay... Pirates... piiiiiiratessssss.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8396544/1/Conundrum

Pirates.