Author Topic: New Intrepid Bridge Complete Retexture WIP- Update 8th June - Completed  (Read 5395 times)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Wow...just, wow.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline rengers

• Cookies: 306
  • ship modeler
love those lcars :) cookie!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Looks great so far but I have a question regarding the LCARS: will you be doing versions at red alert status as well? I think it'd be cool to have them change when you go to red alert (since the lcars on the Intrepid bridge aren't animated it can be done very easily).

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
Looks great so far but I have a question regarding the LCARS: will you be doing versions at red alert status as well? I think it'd be cool to have them change when you go to red alert (since the lcars on the Intrepid bridge aren't animated it can be done very easily).

I've been diving into the scripts looking about animations... On that front I'm not too sure yet, however I have altered the script so then each of the lcars change when on red alert like it appears on the show :D Think the bridge dome & a few other bits go a light blue so that will be done eventually :P Got to finish the green alert lcars yet :P

;)

Just a quick update on the Tactical, Ops & centre console. I've finished the centre bits on both Tac & Ops & quickly made some LCARS for the console behind the captains chair. Next up will be the Science stations.

Opinions always welcome :D

~Jb06

~Jb06

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
The blue lighting still seems off.

Other than that, awesome!

Offline Morgan

Whoops I'm a moron, sorry JB! lol

I'm not sure about the center of the ops panel, maybe the center display should be the same size as the tactical one?

Offline A.Q.

• Cookies: 35
Looking good; look forward to using it on BC

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
Whoops I'm a moron, sorry JB! lol

I'm not sure about the center of the ops panel, maybe the center display should be the same size as the tactical one?

The way it is now is how it was in the show ;)

Right I've had time to do the science station & Engineering II along with alterations for red alert. Both tactical & ops stations now have red alert features, still have to do the other terminals. However, the roof & lighting has also been altered so that it looks like it did in the show.

Opinions welcome :D

~Jb06

Offline Augur89

• Cookies: 2
loving it.
There will be a very authentic Voy bridge feeling.
Sry for the question but will the big LCARS displays on the panels be animated?
Have a cookie

PS: Don't forguet the Stargate bridges :D

Offline FourChan

• Admiral Noel Vermillion
  • Cookies: 4
  • Starfleet Technologies Development Center
    • Twitter Four Channel
The bridge looks better than the one on the series.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
im not entirely certain, but i dont think any of the LCARS can be animated on this bridge?
if im not mistaken, only the helm LCARS were designed for animation?

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
im not entirely certain, but i dont think any of the LCARS can be animated on this bridge?
if im not mistaken, only the helm LCARS were designed for animation?

I think so, but I'm going to ask Mark just to double check ;)

~Jb06

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder

~Jb06

If you get permission, I can probably fix it in Nifskope.

Also, get on MSN :argh: :arms:
MUSE!!!

Offline Morgan

Unfortunately making the LCARS animated would mean the red alert ones wouldn't work. But it's your call it won't stop me from checking it out!

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
Console animation is overrated anyways. It's way too noticeable on most bridges (as well as being very fast). I personally copy all my panels into the same image and then only animate a few buttons, the occasional display, etc. It should be a subtle effect, not something that should give your crew seizures.

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios

~Jb06

Also, get on MSN :argh: :arms:

Permission for what? :P oh & bridges edited in nifskope crash... already tried

Right I've looked into it & I'm just going to leave the animations... More trouble than it's worth.

I'll eventually get round to the helm LCARS, just been busy this week.

~Jb06

Offline szekeres2008

• Cookies: 0
  • Lt. Commander Mr. Mouse
 wonderful work on the textures, I think I will like this much more than the original one.

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
Right I've had time to do abit on the LCARS again.

The only lcars which need finishing off now are the fwd navigational scan on the right hand side of the helmsman, & the science I + II & engineering I + II stations red alert versions which shouldn't take that long really then that's it really I think. :D

Enjoy

~Jb06

Offline Morgan

Awesome I can't wait  :D

Offline rengers

• Cookies: 306
  • ship modeler
awsome stuff! cookie
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)