Author Topic: Classic Trek Mod?  (Read 1443 times)

Offline XFSIllusion

• Cookies: 0
Classic Trek Mod?
« on: May 27, 2009, 11:19:27 PM »
Any mods out there based on the kirk days(only)?  Even if it has the new version(which would be cool), but keep the nero romulan ship out of it cuz it would just mess up the balance.  A mp version of this would be neat I think, especially if Sov other standard ships that don't belong can be disabled.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Classic Trek Mod?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 11:27:30 PM »
there was another version released but it never ended up on BCfiles for some reason...

Offline FourChan

• Admiral Noel Vermillion
  • Cookies: 4
  • Starfleet Technologies Development Center
    • Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 12:44:12 AM »
What if I just want the ships from there, can I just use them? if I may ask.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 06:46:28 PM »
you might need to rename some of the files and redo some plugins, but you should be able to just copy and paste the ships you want to use out of it.  That said, most of those ships are available separately as well.

Offline XFSIllusion

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 10:54:51 PM »
One, i'm wondering why i've had this and another thread that clearly had to do with modding and made in the BC modding forum moved here.

Second, so lets say I take the Klingon Defence Force Mod, and add this 2009 Enterprise to it (http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Star_Trek_2009_USS_Enterprise;99468).  Does this sound possible without too much work and would it work in MP?

Offline Nebula

• Administrator
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 11:05:37 PM »
yes you could do that.... and no it wouldn't work in MP...

Offline XFSIllusion

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 11:24:21 PM »
Wouldn't be very 2009 like either, looks like its totally klingon based.  It would take a lot of work, probably be easier to start with foundation from the ground up.  I figure its just a matter of time until someone makes a 2009 mod, but if I have the time I might give it a shot.

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 12:34:38 PM »
you dont mean TOS, but the movie. the answer is no, the movie is still in cinemas and we have only seen the enterprise, the kelvin and only about 3/4 different ships. you cant make a mod out of only 5/6 available designs.

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 07:29:20 PM »
With the imagination on display on these boards? Nothing is impossible. Already several designs are being made that were not seen in the film.
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 09:23:52 PM »
With the imagination on display on these boards? Nothing is impossible. Already several designs are being made that were not seen in the film.

Wileys JJExcelsior and Baz1701 JJMiranda hardly constitutes as 'several'. If you were talking about those Kelvin kitbashes that Wiley is in the process of making, then you need to get your eyes checked as they were actually in the film.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 09:37:02 PM »
Chill, dude.

The point is that nothing is impossible in BC, only not done yet. Some things are hardcoded, sure, but there have been a few ways shown around that, and by comparison, designing and building some ships is childsplay (Not to mention a completely separate discipline).

Anyway, aside from the ships you mentioned, there's another JJcelsior, by Baz, as well as the one by Wiley, There's baz's Kelvin refit, there's a Kelvinbash Miranda by Wiley, and somebody was making a constelljjtion class too.

My eyesight is 20/20, and I think that constitutes "several".
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 09:46:57 PM »
The point is that nothing is impossible in BC, only not done yet.
Um, skin shields are. :P
Some things are hardcoded, sure, but there have been a few ways shown around that
Unless I'm mistaken, things that are "hardcoded" are called that for a reason. Because there is no way around them. Please cite examples of harcdcode workarounds in BC if I am mistaken.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 08:42:35 PM »
I've been a part of this community since before the game was released, and before that, a part of the KA.com community that spawned it since 1999. I'm dabbled in modding here and there, rarely releasing or finishing my work.

In all that time, if there's one thing I've learned in BC, it's to never say "Impossible".

One example of something that was previously regarded as "Hardcoded" is the warp sequence. People used to say that dropping out of warp or changing destinations was impossible. Now we have Galaxy Charts.

I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

The point is, optimism is a virtue. And if someone who's been here 10 years can say that, It's surely easy for a relative noob (with a relatively huge postcount) like yourself ;)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 09:35:58 PM »
One, i'm wondering why i've had this and another thread that clearly had to do with modding and made in the BC modding forum moved here.
because the BC Modding forum is meant for people working on modding BC and people's WIPs for BC specifically...
youre asking a general question about mods which may or may not have been made...  so it was moved to the General forum...