Author Topic: I want to learn!!!!!  (Read 1018 times)

Slimkid422

I want to learn!!!!!
« on: July 20, 2009, 10:24:37 AM »
I wish to learn ow to create bridges for BC but i have absolutely no modding experience can anyone help me learn how to do this i want to begin to contribute  to the BC community.If anyone is willing to show me i would be forever in your debt!!!!!

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
Re: I want to learn!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 10:30:35 AM »
First off, you need to figure out which part of the process you want to contribute, as Mark himself stated there are very few people who can do the whole process on their own, either by lack of time or simply because it's just too difficult a task for most. Though if you think you can take on the challenge of doing all steps...

Do you like the idea of making the model? How about the textures or lighting? Perhaps you want to do whatever scripting is necessary for getting them in game? Once you figure out which parts you want to do, there are various tutorials in the BC Modding section where you can grasp the basics of a good few things.

For the meantime, all I can suggest is ask questions when you're stuck, or when you want to double check what you are doing. We have a huge community here all with knowledge in various things who'd be more than happy to help out.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Slimkid422

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 10:45:49 AM »
I want to model (the gray bridges with no textures) and let some other people do the rest modeling seems like the easiest part

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 11:02:49 AM »
I want to model (the gray bridges with no textures) and let some other people do the rest modeling seems like the easiest part

The interweb is full to bursting with modelling tutorials. Sites like Tutorialised (I don't care if it's supposed to be spelt with a z, I speak English) and 3D Total are 2 of my favourites.
MUSE!!!

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 11:04:20 AM »
Technically you can say that about all of them. Modelling takes time and requires quite a bit of skill to keep the polycount down enough for it to run smoothly in game while keeping it looking good enough to feel like you're actually there.

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,3656.0.html  This gives a good list of what you need to get started on modding in general.

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,4115.0.html  This is a good point for practice with modelling, and with what you learn you can put it towards making interior sets.

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,3928.0.html  And finally this one is good for getting ahold of the cutting tools for carving out parts you don't want, or that you want to extrude and such.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Slimkid422

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 11:15:12 AM »
Thanks guys you have been really helpful i will try those sites and keep you guys updated if i need help i will post a message

So where should i start?

posts merged...  - jb76