Author Topic: Phantom Permission contacts  (Read 964 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Phantom Permission contacts
« on: September 18, 2009, 08:31:31 PM »
how do you get hold of a modeler, etc who didn't put his contact info in his readme?  I've been redoing a large breen ship from the no hardpoints pile, but the modder didn't put a contact in.  also, can someone make a list of "don't bother" modelers (like Zambie Zan)?
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: Phantom Permission contacts
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 10:13:25 AM »
Well, if you can't find contact info in any of the other mods he/she has been a part of and google has yielded no results, then the general rule of thumb is to make sure they are properly credited when you release the mod. You mentioned Zambie Zan, I tried contacting him a few years back and had no luck.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 11:14:06 AM »
that's a perfect example of what I mean.  Zambie Zan is a "don't touch my models or you DIE" type.  there should be a list of these 'don't bother asking for permission' types
never thought to google someone...
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 11:30:32 AM »
No no, Zambie Zan isn't like that. We (as in me, Kirk and god knows how many others) just haven't been able to contact him in ages.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 11:36:03 AM »
the model(s) i grabbed were also released quite a while ago. the D9 and the breen ship were both put out by Redragon, WAY back in 04.  i know how some people disappear from the net or the particular area they were interested in after a few years, which is probably why you guys haven't been able to get hold of ZZ.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Dalek

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 11:38:27 AM »
Ah. With anything in the No Hardpoints section, you can release without permission as long as proper credit is given.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 11:57:09 AM »
but you still have to permission someone  for an "inspiration" hardpoint.  and the one I used for this Breen Destroyer is based on the only working breen ship in the catalogue at the moment, Zorg/Morpheus's Breen BB, and HE bummed scripts from Star fleet command 2 and an earlier breen mod.  I'm up to my butt in permissions :P

oh, I didn't actually cut and paste the script.  i used some of the settings numbers from it, and whatever sound effects and projectiles linked to the Breen BB that's allready been made for consistency's sake.  the only fun I had with the ship body was some color enhancement to the existing model, and changing the propulsion glows to a more appropriate Ice Blue colour
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Dalek

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 12:10:01 PM »
There is a Breen modpack somewhere on BCF that uses all of Redragons Breen models and they come with hardpoints...but its gone now.

- Lorien

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 01:21:40 PM »
but you still have to permission someone  for an "inspiration" hardpoint.  and the one I used for this Breen Destroyer is based on the only working breen ship in the catalogue at the moment, Zorg/Morpheus's Breen BB, and HE bummed scripts from Star fleet command 2 and an earlier breen mod.  I'm up to my butt in permissions :P

oh, I didn't actually cut and paste the script.  i used some of the settings numbers from it, and whatever sound effects and projectiles linked to the Breen BB that's allready been made for consistency's sake.  the only fun I had with the ship body was some color enhancement to the existing model, and changing the propulsion glows to a more appropriate Ice Blue colour

well, as I recall the reddragon models are free use with credits,as for the HP, if you don't include said sound files etc. and require the breen BB, or KM which I think includes it, then that's taken care of.  That should make our job a little easier.

Edit: I just checked, at least with Z/M's Galor and Keldon, all he wants is credit, you should be fine.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 03:02:53 PM »
There's also an extensive "Permissions thread" here at BCC. Might wanna have a look at that:

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,2146.0.html
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 04:56:40 PM »
Aces may have given me an out, AND a way to give ZM a little plug as a thank you.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read