Author Topic: Star Trek Inconsistencies  (Read 1500 times)

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: Star Trek Inconsistencies
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2009, 04:08:35 AM »
Yeah I felt kinda dissappointed about strange new worlds and new civilizations in Voyager, I think this show would be much more interesting if they would show that lone ship stranded tousends of lightyears from home surrounded by 'non-humanoid' life forms, even Hirogen looked friendly after all... the only species which formed really good adversary were 8479, If there were more races of this kind (crude, brutal and merciless) it would build much better atmosphere of isolation (just like in BSG)

Well think about it for a second, we had our good ones and our bad ones, but if you look at the story it actully makes sense. Kazon where freed slaves in a farily primitve region of the Galaxy, who is to say every race is either equal or better equipped than Starfleet I liked the Kazon, they did something not done, a primative race with tech about 150 years behind the times from Starfleets standpoint, but they posed a threat none the less because of there larger ships and massing of Raiders, they where also cruel and ruthless.

Malon cmon lets not forget them, good guys in there heart but there waste disposal was so damn evil lol.

Vidians, those guys where just awesome, rob your lungs i mean we havnt seen that before, I wish we had gotten to see more of them honestly.

Hirogen well they where pretty cool, like klingons but not quite it wasnt glorious battle it was the hunt they wanted, and there face made them look friendly but hid the dark truth all they wanted was your bones on there bulkhead.

Quite honestly the borg where weakest of all the aliens in Voyager, they where no longer supermen.

As for the rest of the quadrants tech level, well it was stated that the borg only assimilate new tech, if your to primitave they dont bother and as active as many regions where with the borg, id keep my tech level down also lol.

I dunno whats wrong with Chakotay to everyone honestly I liked him. He wasnt blood thristy he was senseable a new look for the Maquis he wasnt doing this to kill Cardassians, and before he resigned from the fleet im sure he was well respected. Remember he is former starfleet not some back water rebel, and he realized real fast the best option was work together, remember the Maquis war wasnt with Starfleet anyway, it was with Cardassians.

true but I wish there was more non-humanoid species with bio-technology more or less advanced than Voyager but yeah on the other hand ACES_HIGH is right it was all about money ;)

Offline candle_86

• Cookies: 2
  • Position Gamma Hydra sector 10
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2009, 12:08:41 PM »
well  humanoids where the dominate specis and we had our basic gnome spread across the galaxy so its rather consistant most of the aliens are humanoid

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 12:15:30 PM »
Perhaps this should be re-iterated?

"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2009, 12:18:56 PM »
True, TOS set a mild precident for the amount of Humanoids kin our Galaxy with the "preservers", one could presume or theorize as an explanation, This is "slightly" off the main topic but i LOVED the ENT episode where Dr. phlox is examining a humanoid from a future fed starship and informs Archer and T'pol he finds this "human" has trac genetic markers from dozens of species, In some ways it is ironic because in Ds9 security officer /maquis spy Eddington accused to sisko that starfleet is no different than the Borg in how they assimilate everyone into the Federation without them realising it, well many people i have discussed this with agree completely, It's a hallmark of the irony of why the Borg are IMO the best trek villain of all time, they remind us, or foreshadow, of ourselves and what we could become if the path to Utopian perfection continues uninterrupted, this is a theme that is the main point of my Daystar series.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 01:02:24 PM »
Hey guys maybe we should really make new topic hm ??? Dalek is right, this thread is drifting offtopic ;)

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 02:33:15 PM »
Yeah it is. Sorry. :P

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2009, 10:38:34 PM »
Hey guys maybe we should really make new topic hm ??? Dalek is right, this thread is drifting offtopic ;)
Dalek?  That was my post.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 08:00:05 AM »
Hey guys maybe we should really make new topic hm ??? Phaser is right, this thread is drifting offtopic ;)
Dalek?  That was my post.
see, I never mentioned Dalek :funny j/k
Dalek quoted that nice pic you posted ;)