Author Topic: Klingons in Voyager  (Read 1581 times)

Offline candle_86

• Cookies: 2
  • Position Gamma Hydra sector 10
Re: Klingons in Voyager
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 08:23:13 PM »
the ridges where covered, but you still cant explain how these people had 24th century klingon uniforms but left klingon space in the 2260's

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 08:31:59 PM »
And i can't explain how The red jacket Uniforms stayed in service from Kirk's era to Picards younger life era, Yet all uniforms after lasted 2-3 years or a tad longer before being constantly replaced..I also can't explain why Kung FU: the legend continues lasted more than one season on Tv..ah well..life's full of Mysteries.

Actually..if i had to be tasked with explaining it for some fiction, i would say this- It's very conceivable that engineers aboard the generational Klingon ship would have the same "visions" of ideas as the ones back home, Klingon designs aren't exactly 'complex or dynamic" they are pretty stale and static, It stands to reason even light years across the galaxy, similar patterns of architecture, ship designs, and fashion, would occur. It isn't very far fetched at all, asian culture even spread out across the globe, had ancestral roots and designs for things that were very similar to one another.

Offline candle_86

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 10:57:44 PM »
but there identical down to the arm logo of the empire

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2009, 11:03:38 PM »
but there identical down to the arm logo of the empire

Amazing foresight These Klingon Tailors have! Imagine in a century The New Delta Quadrent version of the Klingon Empire will become like Ferengi! Klingon Fashion Divas!

Offline candle_86

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2009, 11:53:09 PM »
the klingon emipre logo didnt look the same in the 2260's as it did in the 2290's +
here is the pre kitomer logo

here is the logo of the 24th century and also worn by these klingons voyager encountered

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2009, 12:56:59 AM »
What amazing Foresight those Klingons had! They're even able to Guess color patterns! I tell ya, Its In the Genes !

Offline candle_86

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2009, 01:30:39 AM »
its an error on the part of BnB that shouldn't have been looked over, nor the uniforms dont tell me im the only one that nitpicks these things

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2009, 04:41:36 AM »
Your the only one that Nitpicks these things.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2009, 06:22:40 AM »

Not entirely true. Alot of people fail to see the "entertainment value" of a movie, and instead choose to focus on the minutae such as general inconsistencies, errors in filming etc. When the first Trek XI trailer was released (Enterprise under construction), one of the more nitpicky topics of the time was that the registry font was wrong. I mean... come on?
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2009, 06:57:38 AM »
Oh i was just kidding actually, he said "tell me i'm the only one" so i did.  :P

I know he isn't the only one by far.

Offline candle_86

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2009, 11:21:07 AM »

Not entirely true. Alot of people fail to see the "entertainment value" of a movie, and instead choose to focus on the minutae such as general inconsistencies, errors in filming etc. When the first Trek XI trailer was released (Enterprise under construction), one of the more nitpicky topics of the time was that the registry font was wrong. I mean... come on?

I had much more to nitpick on that shot than the registry font

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2009, 11:38:27 AM »
I wasn't referring to any one particular person in my last comment. I was referring to "nitpicking in general".
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline candle_86

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2009, 11:53:30 AM »
ah well I did realize it, and some mistakes I can overlook, but this one I couldn't because they already had the proper props over at DS9 and they where not sold till its a warp sale in 2006, so they had them to use them, and choose not to, thats why it bugs me, and why I call laziness.

Ill be honest the font didnt bother me on the new enterprise id even accept it, if the Buzzards where orange that is my one gripe with it

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2009, 12:38:48 PM »
We're drifting off topic again and this arguing is petty. Back to pretty pictures of Klingon logos perhaps?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2009, 02:11:47 PM »
good thing the nitpickers that have read Pawns and Symbols haven't jumped on this.  that would mean the next G klingon Logo is the equivelant to a "low Visibility" badge...according to the above, the Klingon visible spectrum runs orange to Violet, plus two shades of ultra-violet :P  mabey that's why Klingon ships are all dull :P
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet