Author Topic: More Uniform designs  (Read 4053 times)

Offline undedavenger

• It's simple. I reek of awesomeness, and you don't.
  • Cookies: 14
    • Official Star Trek Century Myspace!
Re: More Uniform designs
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 05:46:37 PM »
Those are pretty cool, Darkthunder! I was personally trying to steer away from the dark colors, though, without hitting the "pajama" look again.

And no offense was intended, candle. It's just that I'm not exactly making a cartoon here, so I don't think the body style matters very much. Just the ideas for the uniforms.

King Scout, I actually made a layered photoshop template based on the STM layouts. How would you like me to get them to you?

Here's a shot of the template, as well as some others I made with fabrica de herois, and a refined version of the uniform from my old Star Trek: Century thread:

1. Template
2. Ambassador Jean Luc Picard
3. EV Suit
4. Starfleet Intelligence Infiltration Suit
5. Hazard Team Uniform
6. My old Duty Uniform
"Books are not canon, only what you see on screen. Yes, even the horrible Voyager episode where they go past warp 10 and have crazy lizard babies."

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 05:51:24 PM »
Ambassador Picard is Superman!

Sorry, couldn't resist, but that is actually a pretty nifty ambassador's uniform.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline undedavenger

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 06:03:01 PM »
Lol, I skinnied him up a bit, but the big muscular ribcage couldn't be helped. Sort of a 25th century tuxedo, I guess. And a nice little cape for his noble heritage. heheh

Added a variation on the "Century Uniform" above. Opened the jacket collar up to allow the undershirt to show through, and switched it to TNG and TOS colors for variance:
"Books are not canon, only what you see on screen. Yes, even the horrible Voyager episode where they go past warp 10 and have crazy lizard babies."

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 06:27:05 PM »
I likes the colors on this last one best so far..reminds me of Braxtens future crew from voyager.

Offline undedavenger

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »
Heck, how about TMP?

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 06:32:00 PM »
You know, that's actually quite good.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline undedavenger

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 06:35:47 PM »
Added the other shoulder for a TNG layout:

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 06:38:55 PM »
at least SOMEONE out there uses Paintshop.  unfortunately, my own uniform designs are a lot more...minimal (think more wrestling singlet), for additional freedom of movement.  except for the dress uniforms (which i based on West Point cade Uniforms.) which are more properly a TMP type.  

i have to go over all my illos for the series to convert these.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2009, 06:40:23 PM »
That last one (Officer Duty Uniform v2) looks the best so far imho.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2009, 06:48:11 PM »
that one kinda reminds me of the concepts they were going to use in generations.

Offline undedavenger

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2009, 06:48:21 PM »
King, I won't touch Photoshop. The closest I come is a little third party PSD converter program, since PSP7 won't open nested layers. I don't do the later PSP versions, either. All both programs did was muddy up the controls after that point. PSP7 is more intuitive, at least to the way my brain works, I guess. Not to mention that I only got PSP7 a few years ago in a discount bin for $15! Hopefully with open source programs like GIMP appearing out there free of charge, Corel and Adobe will lower their insane prices.

Darkthunder, I must admit that the slight shoulder change and the colors of the TNG variant appeal to me, too. Waaayy more than I thought they could.

Aces, you know a site with the Generations uniform concepts? I don;t recall if I've seen them before. I need to check my special edition DVD, I guess!

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2009, 07:06:12 PM »
i know what you mean.  somebody GAVE me PSP7, and I've passed it over 3 computers.  before that, I had Micrographics Picture Publisher...now owned by corel.  I had to get used to PSP after PP8, and miss a few things from PP

i will post these uniforms of mine...they'll look funky to you guys, BUT...they'll also look familliar (i based em on next G originally)
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2009, 07:55:08 PM »
No, I actually haven't seen the concept sketches themselves, but from what I have heard was that fairly late in the preproduction of the movie, After the sketches were sent off to playmates toys for the movie's figures, they decided to switch to the mixed uniforms that we ended up seeing in the movie.  So, if you've seen the early release versions of the Generations figures, that's what the uniforms would have looked like.

For some later releases, they repainted the same figures so that they looked more like the TNG uniforms.

I'll keep an eye out for the sketches though.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2009, 09:30:55 PM »
Used one of your designs as a template, for a TNG/FC-hybrid, dated ca. 2380 (2 years Post-Nemesis).
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline candle_86

• Cookies: 2
  • Position Gamma Hydra sector 10
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 12:25:02 AM »
here ya go some circa 2450 uniform designs obvious design lineage from the AGT uniform

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2009, 02:22:15 AM »
Realized after I posted that last image, that I forgot one critical uniform variant: The Admiral's uniform.

EDIT: Modified the uniforms further to include the correct era of communicator, pockets, and belt buckle.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2009, 04:03:55 AM »
Cool, I actually designed a very similar 2380s flag uniform based on the FC uniform.

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2009, 05:27:01 AM »
very nice ace

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2009, 09:48:48 AM »
you guys are probably gonna  :funny at these, but this is what you'd expect to see on my own ship crews.

only the first and current designs are shown.  the rainbow collar on the type five is a substitute for division colors, which I didn't add to the designs until the type 4's

the base color, here, belongs to one race of the species.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Daystar70

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2009, 10:13:33 AM »
Its good, personally if i designed a uniform look like the red jacket era uniforms enough with the shoulder superhero horizen line jumpsuit eras, id do a black version of the TWOK era uniforms