Author Topic: V  (Read 820 times)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
V
« on: November 03, 2009, 05:38:14 PM »
so the premier of the remake (a remake??  in this day and age?  impossible!  lol :P) of V is on tonight...
just wondering if anyone is planning on viewing it or watching the series?  i remember the original, back in 1983 when i was young; and im wondering if this one would be any good or even slightly close to the original...  ill give it a shot; but as with every remake (all millions of them in the last decade) im sure it will likely be all flash and no substance...
then again, people said the same would be of BSG and IMO that goes down as the best series ever made...
who knows; it might turn out ok...  i guess we'll see...  anyone else planning on tuning in?

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: V
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 05:47:42 PM »
I'll either see this or go watch a band, not sure which.

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 08:20:53 PM »
I heard it was awesome from reliable sources. at last big con, they let people preview the pilot and it was almost unkiversal praise,i'm looking forward to it.

Offline 1DeadlySAMURAI

• Do'h
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 09:12:14 PM »
I'll try it on for size. But I have very low expectations of it so it would have to be pretty damn good if I'm Gonna continue watching it.

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 09:57:44 PM »
WARNING: SPOILERS

Well, I watched it.  I hadn't seen the original series, so I didn't know exactly what to expect.  And while the series has some promise, I was surprised by how quickly it was revealed that the Visitors aren't good guys.  I could tell from the trailers that we (the viewers) were supposed to have some mistrust of them, but I thought the writers would keep the Visitor's intentions more ambiguous, at least for the first couple episodes.  I did not expect their true intentions to become clear so quickly!  I must say, I was very disappointed by that.  I think the show would have been much more engaging had they kept it ambiguous.

Still, I'll watch the next episode to see where it goes.  But that episode could make or break the series for me.

Does anyone who saw the original series have any thoughts on this show?  (But please, if you're going to say something that could spoil the series, clearly say so, as some of us never saw the original)

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 08:09:19 AM »
WARNING SPOILERS

I watched and everything that took an episode or two, in the original, to happen has happened in this one episode. [but I'll still watch] And many of the characters are different, like the news reporter to interview the Vs, in the original was female.[ still not a bad recreation]
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 12:10:49 PM »
how many mices were killed in the first episode?  ;)
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 06:10:52 PM »
how many mices were killed in the first episode?  ;)

Mices?
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 07:26:25 PM »
I really, really wish Alan Tudyk hadn't been a visitor. I really wanted to see him act again. :( I miss Firefly.

Offline Daystar70

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 09:29:58 PM »
I'm taking V off my watch list. I was excited but, i dunno, maybe we have become spoiled by now in terms of quality sci fi, but i can't get into this new version as open minded as i am. The first episode was so dull and bland..it has potential but it is off to a slow start. I do like the "style" of the new portrayal of the Visitors but the first episode went way to fast at establishing them into our lives and we never saw the POV of the president, the armed forces, it just felt like it fell short of credibility because they focused to much on scott wolf's reporter for all the news stuff. PROS: the new Diana or 'Anna" is sexy and works for me. The terrorist cells/FBI angles in modernising V.works. CONS : The main character woman FBI agent's son and his crap..i wanna flip channels when i see any scenes with him.

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 03:40:31 PM »
I definitely have to agree with you on that, Daystar70.  To me, the teenager seems to be a shallow attempt to get younger viewers watching, a la "Look!  It's a teenager with troubles, just like you!"  Lame.  But it looks like he might end up playing an important role in the series after all.  We'll see.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 04:50:37 PM »
ya i dont think ill be watching this one either...  i had high hopes for it, but it had a number of really cheesy elements, and a few things that were a bit too obvious even if for dramatic purposes...
ah well...