Author Topic: Mass Effect 2  (Read 2022 times)

Offline metalnick

• Cookies: 13
Re: Mass Effect 2
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2010, 06:50:23 AM »
I love both games. The first one was awesome and 2 is just insane. If you just got to Horizon you still got lots left to do. Not to mention DLC. But like I said its an amazing game.  :thumbsup:
Nothing Is True. Everything Is Permitted....

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2010, 11:01:18 AM »
I think it would have been better if they hadnt dumbed it down for the console audience.

Offline 1DeadlySAMURAI

• Cookies: 139
  • Do'h
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2010, 12:43:04 PM »
Yeah, I agree. But that happens to a lot of games these days.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2010, 02:10:14 PM »
steams mass effect day has just started.

ME1 for ?3.24 anyone??
I miss :bigdance:

Offline metalnick

• Cookies: 13
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2010, 02:20:29 PM »
I've had mine since it was released. But still that's a good deal for a good game.
Nothing Is True. Everything Is Permitted....

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2010, 03:39:47 PM »
Thank you C_O for making me spend $30 on two games. :P

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2010, 06:45:16 PM »
I've had it on PC since it was released.

It was a blind buy for me since I didn't like ME1 and got ME2 on the same day as Bioshock 2 (must finish that game someday :D ).

I especially like the Collector's armor set, although I wish I had preordered it and got the Inferno armour set. :(

I love ME2!

Simple as that. I especially love the suicide mision. Although, no matter what team leader choices I make, Tali seems to always die.  :idk:
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2010, 06:53:15 PM »
I think it won;t be wrong to say that both ME and ME 2 were better (as games) than any Sci FI movie from last 5 years ;) Zaed rocked the DLC for me :D but whole game (ME2) was like a great SciFi movie we never got on TV... unfortunaltelly... yet fortunatlelly :) I only missed Liara from original crew tho the beginning og Me2 kicked the crap out of me :O blamo and goodbye SR-1 and cmd. Shepard then blamoooo and welcome back Shepard, here's your new 'pimp me ride' SR-2 with reasonab;e deck count :D Omega blew me away with NFS4 Callista car showroom' song in background (recalled when me, my bro and cousine had competitions in NFS4.. ehhh good old times) then here comes talkative Mordin and our goos old friend Garrus (my fav male char. so far) also I think using limited ammo for weapons is much better than it was in ME (with right upgrades you could lay down constant fire from rifle:? while now you have cool burst fire or constasnt 40 rounds fire rate) ME2 FTW if you're on horizon now then it's going to be one helluva ride yet mate ;)

I have inferno armour, used for a while now I switched to Iron Man styled MK2 hot rod red and golden N7 armor :P harder this way tho much more fun :P
Simple as that. I especially love the suicide mision. Although, no matter what team leader choices I make, Tali seems to always die. 
no way... I always send her through the duct at the beginning then all the time as TECH spc, she always survive... Jack always seems to die for me as she isn't loyal to me after Jack-vs-Miranda fight, recently I got Grunt fried aswell cuz he didn't make it in the swarm area where biotic shield came in handy ;) after the viotic run Grunt just shoot like mad into the swarm and got killed even tho shepard gave him order to withdraw :hithead: I always used our hitman Drell for this tho ;)

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2010, 07:17:03 PM »
For my first playthough, Tali was the tech expert. She was loyal, and yet, she could not get that damn door closed in time (boom, HEADSHOT!).

The second time I did the mission, I sent Tali through the ducts. This time, Legion was the tech expert. And they both died, Legion the same way as Tali did the first time and I still have no clue how Tali died after I got her through the ducts. A glitch maybe?

I had Samara maintain the biotic shield with me, Garrus and Grunt defending her. Garrus died when he was taken away by the Swarm and Samara died after I beat the giant Human-Collector-Terminator thingy ( :P ). Grunt, Mordin, Miranda, Jacob, Thane, Zaeed and me all made it back to the ship. I have no idea what happened to Jack. She seemed to just vanish.  :idk:

EDIT: Kelly Chambers is a good dancer, lol.  :funny

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2010, 01:24:33 AM »
I tried ME1.. it was too much for me even on the easy level. I think I shall stick to more traditional RPGs with axe-swinging hairy dwarves..
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2010, 02:00:10 PM »
For my first playthough, Tali was the tech expert. She was loyal, and yet, she could not get that damn door closed in time (boom, HEADSHOT!).

The second time I did the mission, I sent Tali through the ducts. This time, Legion was the tech expert. And they both died, Legion the same way as Tali did the first time and I still have no clue how Tali died after I got her through the ducts. A glitch maybe?

I had Samara maintain the biotic shield with me, Garrus and Grunt defending her. Garrus died when he was taken away by the Swarm and Samara died after I beat the giant Human-Collector-Terminator thingy ( :P ). Grunt, Mordin, Miranda, Jacob, Thane, Zaeed and me all made it back to the ship. I have no idea what happened to Jack. She seemed to just vanish.  :idk:

EDIT: Kelly Chambers is a good dancer, lol.  :funny

Never had anyone die on me. EVER.
How the f**k did you get people killed??

EDIT
She does have a rather nice outfit :P
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2010, 02:04:21 PM »
Never had anyone die on me. EVER.
How the f**k did you get people killed??

EDIT
She does have a rather nice outfit :P

:idk:

Offline Toa_Kaita

• Cookies: 58
  • Aspiring 3D Animator and Music Composer
    • Current Project - Earth-Link Origins
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2010, 06:42:51 PM »
This game is freakin amazing. I got everyone through the suicide mission intact. (And I did a few animations of the Normandy SR-2 by Thorreign since the Normandy is such a beaut.)

Offline Mustang

• Resident Movie Critic
  • Cookies: 46
  • Muse Fan
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2010, 10:21:25 PM »
I'm now on disc two and I'm supposed to be on Ilium, but I'm doing all the loyalty sidequests for my current crew first, and a couple other random sidequests before I continue on with the main storyline. This game is amazing. I'm like paranoid about not losing any of my crew on the suicide mission...one of my friends said the ending blew him away so I'm eagerly anticipating it.

Offline Mustang

• Resident Movie Critic
  • Cookies: 46
  • Muse Fan
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2010, 12:00:21 PM »
..forgot this thread was here.

Beat it last Tuesday, and........wow. I got everyone to survive the suicide mission and...it was fantastic. Can't wait for ME3.