Author Topic: KCS reskins  (Read 752 times)

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
KCS reskins
« on: April 17, 2010, 10:14:20 AM »
since my reskinned Kessok Heavy has generated so much interest, I'll use this thread to show off what other bits I've been working on, as well.

I've always wanted to work on a TNG romulan, and located an unhardpointed model floating around credited to Raven Night that had "please fix this texture" in the readme.  well, I took it on for the hell of it.  even hardpointed the thing, trying to match it to Starforce's standards

OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: KCS reskins
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 12:43:16 PM »
oh, I love that design, looks like a fast light cruiser, judging by windows/deck layout, I never thought there are any ships in 'no hardpoints' section that didn't make it to final version... good job man ;)

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 01:19:53 PM »
there's plenty of ships floating around in there.  they're the easiest to fix cause they're pretty much "abandonware".  this one was in need of the BG around the specific piece textures done better, and those needed cleaned up a bit as well.  among other things, I cribbed several RSE badges from the stock Warbird and dropped them in, redid the plasma, filled in the non-specific areas with a texture, color matched everytig to the same tone (as close as possible to a TNG warbird), and the windows have been blue tinted.  I have a full on hardpoint that goes with it, requiring that someone has one of starforce's roms to work right.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 03:33:01 AM »
Dependant hardpoints aren't a good idea, imo. I (personally) only have what came with KM, I wager several others do too. What is it it needs Starforce ones for? Sounds?

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 07:07:10 AM »
Torpedoes.  it uses the SFC mark ten plasma.  i get tired of looking at the projectile list and finding out every stinking one of them has five different projectile scripts each :P  besides, a couple starforce ships are packed with KM.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
KCS reskins: Fed Protector
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 10:26:09 AM »
thought you guys should see this

there's a single copy of the NSEA Protector (the parody ship from Galaxy Quest) on filefront.  I got tired of looking at the mediocre original skin, and decided to redo it from scratch.  this time, however, I made a Federation version.

the skin is in need of an aztec.  since the Protector is placed literally into the TMP era, it would need a TMP style one.

some explinations

The registry is on the wings (and in a TOSish font) in order to fit.  it also looks close to what the original registry font is.  the NCC number is that of the big model (there's a tiny model, a 6 incher, with a different reg and name).
it's not possible to put the name on the sides.  the original nif was unwrapped in mirror mode, so text on one side would be reversed on the other.
the creator has "reskins welcome" in his readme.

note: the fed kessok heavy skin has been lost.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 01:51:05 PM »
hmmm, nice, I thought it had some major errors [the original], looks good though, but can we also get the medicor Galaxy Quest?
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 03:30:07 PM »
the GQ skin itself has segments cribbed from stills from the movie.  it'd take someone a lot better than myself to reskin it properly.  the only quibble I have is with the sensor dish not being perfectly round.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read