Author Topic: Supermod instructions (help)  (Read 844 times)

Offline gigoran

• Cookies: 0
Supermod instructions (help)
« on: April 12, 2010, 05:04:13 PM »
I did everything that the readme file said to for the supermod. But I can't figure out how to change my ship in the single player. Can anyone give me clear instructions? I am new to modding.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Supermod instructions (help)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 09:40:50 PM »
I think you are a bit confused, Supermod does not make it any easier for you to change the player ship, it only replaces the ships with better models, which is in itself a massive undertaking involving re-writing all the mission scripts.

Offline gigoran

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 01:27:46 AM »
UPDATE

I think I know where to do it now. There is the "custom missions" button. That's the place right? And I am also guessing that I have to choose the ship option. But when I do, it goes to a black screen, with music. I am able to quit back to the menu. How is this problem fixed?

Really? Wow. I'm really confused now hahaha. After reading the description, I was under the impression that I would be able to play through the single player campaign with any ship. I know that the appearance was one aspect, but it also seemed like ship choice was another. How does one go about changing then? Thanks for your help too.

Offline deadthunder2_0

• Cookies: 39
  • Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel
    • Modders of Steel Home page
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 08:29:31 AM »
mess around with the scripts in the Scripts/Ships. Then start a brand new campaign
Support the Post TNG Ship Pack

Tech, Nonstop, General- Modders Of Steel,
We are the Modders that take everything to the next level, We are the Modders of Steel

Offline teleguy

• Cookies: 53
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 08:53:56 AM »
UPDATE

I think I know where to do it now. There is the "custom missions" button. That's the place right? And I am also guessing that I have to choose the ship option. But when I do, it goes to a black screen, with music. I am able to quit back to the menu. How is this problem fixed?

Really? Wow. I'm really confused now hahaha. After reading the description, I was under the impression that I would be able to play through the single player campaign with any ship. I know that the appearance was one aspect, but it also seemed like ship choice was another. How does one go about changing then? Thanks for your help too.

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Single_Player_Customizer;90463

Make sure to read the comments as well.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 12:18:47 PM »
i would be careful, tho; Supermod really isnt designed to be compatible with other mods or scripts, so it may ior may not work...

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 04:35:56 PM »
single player isn't really meant to be modded either, it's very easy to break it.