Author Topic: strange NanoFX blinker problem  (Read 544 times)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
strange NanoFX blinker problem
« on: June 08, 2010, 07:52:22 PM »
This has left me scratching head   :idk:   So, I'm ingame, SpecialFX enabled.   Blinkers show up ok on many ships (eg DJ Galaxy).   But have disappeared from some where there before (Starbase).  And when added blinker to WorkBee,  just showed up as colored square.  I know the square error has popped up elsewhere, but why puzzled is why some ships ok and others not.  Any theories? 

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
Re: strange NanoFX blinker problem
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 08:09:18 PM »
NanoFX's blinker feature is pretty buggy to be honest with you. Blinkers will disappear during warp travel, become mis-aligned after using MVAM, and still be visible when you cloak. Sometimes they'll just disappear out of the blue without any of those things happening. I honestly don't really bother with them anymore.

As for the box, maybe the ship is set to use a different texture that is not there? By default the blinkers path in the hardpoint should be:

scripts/Custom/NanoFXv2/SpecialFX/Gfx/Blinker/Blank.tga

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 12:00:47 PM »
Thanks nero.   Yeah, I know blinkers pretty buggy and had trawled all the threads I could, both here and BCS.  Checked using right path also, so that not prob.  Just curious why some there and others not. 

It's a shame the blinkers prob never got solved as I do think they add an extra dimension to game. But there you go....

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 12:50:44 PM »
That is pretty confusing. Could the blinkers be possibly scaled up too big?