Author Topic: Gran Turismo 6  (Read 11319 times)

Offline ECGadget

• aka Intercity125
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 260
  • Sweet Niblets!
Re: Gran Turismo 5
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2011, 09:00:14 AM »
Yeah, but like, I was hoping it was like GT4, when you buy a car and it isnt unlocked, the stock one will be unlocked for you.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2011, 12:28:39 PM »
from the look of things, only the "premium" cars are allready unlocked, but get added to as you progress.  it's the "normal" models that can only be added with faves
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline ECGadget

• aka Intercity125
  • Webmaster
  • Sweet Niblets!
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2011, 05:17:14 AM »
Right okay... so out of the 1031 cars, we can only use... 250ish in arcade mode, +100 of our own.
Man, I am really disappointed with GT5. I mean, it has some great features. But to me... it seems only half done.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2011, 08:37:24 AM »
dude, it IS half done.  we waited over 5 YEARS for them to slap all this basic version together.  most of the trouble is getting the cars put together and even cleared for copyright.  it's even harder to find an INTACT version of some cars to scan in.  the old hands from GT2 that some of us love can't be found nowadays, cause they're now being sported as a single fender of any other car, or are orbiting the earth as part of a sattelite or the ISS right now.  a lot of the collectables never move and wouldn't be scanned in because they're worth a fortune and you can't replace anything if something breaks from old age (they physically run the cars before scanning them in to get everything right)

GT4 had so much extra because they just ported over most of the GT3 stock, THEN went and did the scratch cars

and it's the cars themselves that are the time consuming part.  think about how long it takes for the modders here to crank out ONE ship.  i bet there's more polys in one WHEEL on those than there is in baz's JJ fleet.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline ECGadget

• aka Intercity125
  • Webmaster
  • Sweet Niblets!
« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2011, 11:03:59 AM »
Hmmm... fair point. Though I'm not complaining... I do love the game! I mean if I didn't like it, I not be playing it LOL

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #125 on: January 25, 2011, 12:17:52 AM »
To answer an earlier question I asked, I would be able to buy a DMC-12 in the used car dealership...for over $500,000.  Geez, not even a brand new one from DMC costs that much.  Hell, getting a brand new one and then modding it to be like the time machine in Back to the Future wouldn't cost that much. lol

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2011, 08:24:45 AM »
only an 81 survivor would technically cost that much, and then only if you got the ORIGINAL BTF modded version (AKA the Hero Car from back to the Future, signed by the cast, no less).  thing is, according to the little bit of GT4 paperwork (go ahead and read up on the cars, occasionally. i'm one of the few people who asked for the history paperwork back), the ones you won in 4, and that were ported to 5, are tunerversions.  they replaced the bad hydraulics and the underpowered flat with something from (by the feel of it) Porsche.  that's why they're "s2"
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline ECGadget

• aka Intercity125
  • Webmaster
  • Sweet Niblets!
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2011, 11:09:44 AM »
I was tempted by the DeLorean, but I haven't got round to buying it yet. Though yeah, 500k is a little bit dear lol

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2011, 04:05:54 AM »
I suck at racing, so I can't get the stupid money, and odds are, by the time I do, the DMC won't be in the shop, or conversely by the time the DMC shows up in the shop, I won't have the money.  I wish I could just cheat. :banghead:

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2011, 12:44:03 PM »
just saw this.

someone's managed to crack a PS3's save state to play with.

one of the reasons a lot of the old school "hacking" isn't going on anymore is because people are no longer seeing a "need" for things like Cheat devices.  todays players can whup a game in five minutes, then they'll yawn and throw it over their shoulder, asking for something harder.  those of us who grew up on "nintendo hard" level games are the ones that usually need the help.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2011, 05:34:08 PM »
I think my favorite(sarcasm) thing is that any games with cheats, upon using said cheats you can no longer save that game.

I just like being able to drive something other than little piddly cars.  And I'd like a good variety for multiplayer.  That's what I liked about Blur.  Good selection of cars that in multiplayer are all already unlocked.  That's why I'd like a save for.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2011, 07:15:24 PM »
some of the MODERN games, yes.  it "corrupts" the save.  but stuff from the beginning of the PS2 era and back can be played with.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #132 on: February 18, 2011, 09:05:21 AM »
new update, 1.06

Gran-Turismo.com

Update Notice (1.06) - Feb 18, 2011

An update to Gran Turismo 5 has been released. The contents are as follows:

[Major Changes and New Features]
?Remote Racing
On the bottom left of the [GT Mode] - [Community] screen, [Remote Races] have been added.
You can combine the "My Driver" of you and your friends to start a fully automatic B-Spec race, to gain rewards and experience.
For details please see section 8-4 [Remote Races] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu and also the new "Remote Race" page in the GT5 product information section on gran-tursimo.com.

?Remote Racing from a Web Browser
For [Remote Races], you can visit the official "gran-turismo.com" website using an internet web browser, and remotely operate your PS3? at home. You can start races, monitor its progress and check the results from the web site. This is a new playing style allowing you to play Gran Turismo anywhere!
Sign in from the [GT5 My Home] button on the upper right of the webpage to get started.

?Using the Course Maker in Online Races
You can now select the "My Tracks" created in [Course Maker] for your online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge), or even race on tracks automatically generated from a selected theme on the spot. (Please note you'll only be able to use My Courses created after this update in this way.)

?Introduction of Performance Points for Online Races
We've now introduced Performance Points (PP), a numerical index of a car's performance for online races. You can set PP restrictions in the regulations of online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge) to regulate the participating cars.
For details, see 6 -15 [Performance Points] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.

?Increased Rewards and Experience Online
The amount of rewards and experience gained from online racing (Open Lobby and My Lounge) have been increased.

?Expansion of Event Settings for Online Races
[Auto Race Start Cycle] and [Tyre/Fuel Depletion] have been added to the event settings of online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge).

?Increased Penalties for Special Events
The penalties for improper driving such as driving off course and hitting walls have been increased for the [Special Events] in [GT Mode] - [GT Life].

?Event Rewards and Experience Adjusted
The rewards and experience for [Licence] and [Special Events] of [GT Mode] - [GT Life] have been adjusted. Experience for A-Spec and B-Spec events have been increased, while rewards have been reduced back down to levels seen before the 1.05 update.

?Car Loan in Events
In A-Spec and B-Spec events in [GT Mode] - [GT Life], as well as when participating in [Special Events], you can now rent cars that your Friends have set to share with friends.
For details see 6-16 [Borrowing and Lending Cars] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.

?Settings
Individual gear adjustment, power limiters, and weight adjustment have been added to the settings. For details see [18. Settings Guide] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.

?Multi Monitor
From [Options] - [Hardware] - [Multi Monitor], you can now set multi-monitor display settings using multiple PS3? systems.
You can now enjoy Gran Turismo 5 in an incredibly wide display environment combining multiple PS3? systems and TV's/monitors.
For details please see the support section on gran-turismo.com.

[Changes and Additions to Game Operations]
- It is now possible to replay and save [2 Player Races].
- [Controller Steering Sensitivity] has been added to [Driving Options].
- [Corner Camber] has been added to the section settings of the [Course Maker].
- In A Spec events including endurance races, a confirmation prompt has been added before restarting a race from the beginning.
- In replays, B Spec and while watching races, you can now change viewing targets directly from the screen without having to use a separate window list.
- User selected background music can now be used when voice chat is disabled in a [Lounge].
- Cars in your garage that are not registered as 'Favorites' can now be used in a [Lounge].
- When a tyre restriction is enabled in a Lounge regulation, only cars having tyres that match the regulation will be displayed in the garage.
- Driver and car display selections during races will be saved.
- It is now possible to perform settings for karts in the [Quick Menu].
- It is now possible to select multiple items in some major screens, such as when selecting the on/off of favourites in the [Garage].

[AI Adjustment]
- Race choreography and opponent car AI controls for licence tests and A Spec events have been adjusted.
- Opponent car AI controls during B Spec races have been improved.
- The evasive manoeuvres of opponent cars when a players car blocks the track has been improved.

[Correction of Issues]
- Corrected an issue where it was possible to gain points unfairly in drift trials.
- Corrected an issue where it was not possible to view the 4th sector in the live monitor.
-Corrected an issue where the sound would not change when replacing the exhaust system or turbo kit.
- Corrected an issue where the save data becomes unable to load when exceeding a certain file size.

[Other Changes]
- A searchable item called [Race Type] has been added during room creation in the [Open Lobby].
- The lap times for the [X Challenge] in [Special Events] have been adjusted.
- Game save speed has been optimised.
- The HDD access warning message that was displayed at game startup has been disabled for faster startup.
- The background of car demos during an [Auto Demo] is now displayed randomly in 4 types (Morning/Day/Night/White) as is in the [Dealership].
- The "S-AWC" integrated four wheel drive system of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X has been adjusted.
- The [Feedback Strength] of the Thrustmaster T500RS can now be adjusted across a wider range.

Others found by members:

JoepW View Post
Something like this (partly unconfirmed):
Size: 301 Mb
Arcade car order swapped
Blue tick in both dealerships on purchased cars
Car ballast adjustment
Controller steering sensitivity in driving options
Corner camber in course maker
Fully adjustable gear ratios
Multi-screen option
Multi select (car garage, photo album, replay theatre)
Performance point system
Restart race confirmation
Engine power limiter (50%-100%)
Car already owned are marked in UCD
Indy back to 97500 cr. But XP up! For all off line races?
change your tyres from the settings menu
new Bonus Races in the Seasonals
Type of race has been added to online setting: Race for fun, Race for real, Drift, Free run, Race type has been added to online filter results as well
30 cars in online dealership
options now for multi Monitors
Remote Race just below the lounge icon in GT Community
New paddock animation on lead-in to the game
All cars online available
TCS is now adjustable again during race
Restarts race confirmation
Own made tracks on-line available
New tracks in Seasonal
Can turn fuel depletion and tyre wear off in an online race
You can schedule races to start at set times
The pop up message when you first start up the game is gone
u can race online ur b specs drivers against the B spec drivers of ur friends
menu is now a lot faster
TV camera when entering pits
You can choose different tires for front and rear
change what car your watching in the replays without going to black screen
AI little smarter?
U can use the online-cars of your friend
BOB?s more agressive
Sound improved
You can also now share Bob's with friends
Old tracks made by yourself are converted to new standard
Vettel challenge bronze target time increased
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline ECGadget

• aka Intercity125
  • Webmaster
  • Sweet Niblets!
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2011, 07:11:35 AM »
not bad... I need to apply the patch, soo busy with work though. =(
I hope the next update is cars!!! or better damage lol. or fix the shadows.

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #134 on: March 09, 2011, 01:51:51 PM »
You know...none of my games are patched, I don't think. lol

Wouldn't be an issue if my stupid PS3 didn't kick everything off the wireless every time I sign into PSN. :banghead:

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2011, 05:34:42 PM »
intercity: all you have to do is put the disk in...it downloads and installs the patch before letting you do anything.

Shadowknight: that's because Polyphony is slowly adding things as well as filling in holes.  people had been screaming for GT5 for so long, they got the basics together, and released the main program.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline ECGadget

• aka Intercity125
  • Webmaster
  • Sweet Niblets!
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2011, 02:13:35 PM »
@KCS: I know, I just never even had time to get on the PS3 lol. but I got the 1.07 patch now... two patches in a week?! wth?

Offline King Class Scout

• the other half of SFRD
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2011, 03:10:32 PM »
3 now...someone was dumb enough to point out a quick money and experience glitch they just patched (groan).  meanwhile, Kaz and company report little damage at their studios from the quake.
OS novel fan

best line I've ever read

Offline ECGadget

• aka Intercity125
  • Webmaster
  • Sweet Niblets!
« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2011, 03:29:16 PM »
yeah, just noticed, I didn't even know about that glitch...... and yeah. I am following the reports surging in from all over the world on the Earthquake/Tsunami... looks like one city is completely wiped, Tokyo seems okay though, wonder about that Nuclear Reactor... if they don't get that water coolant online, even with no fission occuring, the moderation rods will melt...

Offline ECGadget

• aka Intercity125
  • Webmaster
  • Sweet Niblets!
« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2011, 01:03:48 PM »
Just bought a Ferrari F40 the other day... I love it! I'm not gonna kit it at all, except put Racing Tires (Soft) on it :D