Author Topic: Star Wars on Blu Ray  (Read 1771 times)

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Star Wars on Blu Ray
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 08:07:41 PM »
with bluray I bet it is in the film... just you have the option to play the movie with or without it.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline AdmiralKathryn

• Cookies: 4
  • Starfleet Captain
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 05:39:19 AM »
I'm all for the addition of unreleased content into the main movie (except Jar Jar), especially if its from the original Trilogy!

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2010, 02:00:42 PM »
lol, to quote that big, fat gungan, whose name I forgot btw. (was it Boss Nass or something like it ? ... nevermind) 'begone with him !' (Jar Jar) I mean it's those stupid cartoonish rabids like Jar Jar or squeaky childish pit droids that ruined prequels, while original trilogy was still fantasy it was kept in certain level of seriousness (maybe except EP 6) while EP 1 was directed for kids, EP 2 for Teenagers (due to 'Bold and Beatiful' style dialogues and EP 3 tried really hard to achieve the goal but failed horribly... no I'm not getting prequels on blu-ray :) just original trilogy :P

Knowing what Lucas did in 97/98 with originals (just look at the overcrowded Moss Eisley arrival scene in ANH) I don't know if I want him to edit those movies anymore cuz in these scenes you can't focus on main characters or anyone else cuz droids, random cgi garbage etc. keep coming from one side of the screen to another... although it's tempting to see all the deleted scenes like Luke's watching space battle from the surface of the Tatooine or his meeting with friends and then with Biggs, that would be awesome and I don't care it would slow the pace down even more (I actually like that slow, cosy pace ANH had from it's very beginning :) )

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2010, 12:12:36 AM »
As long as that scene is not integrated into the film. Cause it would ruin the surprise of him having a new one.

That's probably why it was deleted in the first place.

Blu Ray Original Trilogy is confirmed to be the 97 Special Edition and the 08 DVD re-release.

To Boldly Go...Again.