Author Topic: Problems with damage  (Read 706 times)

Offline Vbeserk

• Cookies: 2
Problems with damage
« on: April 18, 2011, 08:54:12 PM »
I was playing BC and i have noticed that my ship wasn't getting it's damage correctly it was opening hole on the hull only sparkling on the hull but no damage but the damage is working perfectly with the AI ships what should i do to have this fixed?

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
Re: Problems with damage
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 09:00:29 PM »
Go into the ship in questions data folder and delete the .nif files. They control the damage "effect" and will be re-written the next time you play with that ship or ships.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 09:01:55 PM »
Oops! I meant the .vox files. DO NOT delete the .nif files.

Offline Vbeserk

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 06:16:10 PM »
But there is like akira_vox.nif, akiraLow_vox.nif and akiraMed_vox.nif is this the files to erase? And i was wanting to ask on how do i play in the multiplayer because every time that i enter on a game it says that my app.pyc file on the scripts folder mismatch i have tried to erase but then the game don't open and i don't know what to do, what do i need to do to make the game play on the multiplayer?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 06:18:04 PM »
But there is like akira_vox.nif, akiraLow_vox.nif and akiraMed_vox.nif is this the files to erase?
you can run a search of your entire BC folder for anything "vox" - it is safe to delete those as the game will generate new vox files next time it loads...

And i was wanting to ask on how do i play in the multiplayer because every time that i enter on a game it says that my app.pyc file on the scripts folder mismatch i have tried to erase but then the game don't open and i don't know what to do, what do i need to do to make the game play on the multiplayer?
in order to play MP, you must have the same exact scripts as the other player...
your best bet for MP would be to have a separate unmodded untouched install using KM as a base...

Offline Vbeserk

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 09:48:10 PM »
in order to play MP, you must have the same exact scripts as the other player...
your best bet for MP would be to have a separate unmodded untouched install using KM as a base...
So i can make a separate install having one already installed? I tought that was just a myth  :P ok i will do that and give some feedback if it works.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 10:17:22 PM »
ya absolutely you can have many installs...
have one install like C:\BC (for modding) and other like C:\BCMultiplayer (for KM MP non-modding) and so forth...
when installing BC, you choose the name of the folder and location...
if you need more instructions on how to have multiple installs, please feel free to ask :)

Offline Vbeserk

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 03:59:42 PM »
ya absolutely you can have many installs...
have one install like C:\BC (for modding) and other like C:\BCMultiplayer (for KM MP non-modding) and so forth...
when installing BC, you choose the name of the folder and location...
if you need more instructions on how to have multiple installs, please feel free to ask :)

So i had done a secondary install but the damage problem in the primary one isn't fixed i have erased the files of the Defiant and the lines of the model when in an angle of the camera seem to be on fire but no damage like hull holes and stuff like this, and about the MP i try to enter on the only acessable server it's KM 1.0 | LA Spaceballs, but i can't enter does the name of the server can mean something to the install?

And if you guys allow me to all of the ppl that want to play BC online but can't find a server to play i will make every day a server called KM 1.0 Unmodded only i will make this server on times like from the end of the afternoon to the night i can't specify hours because ppl from other countries will be crazy about it :p

Offline Vbeserk

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2011, 10:29:03 PM »
So now i have some good and bad news i have patched my new BC install, and have bypassed through the app.pyc file script but now the PC says that the autoexec.pyc is mismatched how i'm suppose to solve this problem i close one hole and appears a new one i really need some help here.