Author Topic: DQP Game Crash  (Read 547 times)

Offline Terren

• Cookies: 0
DQP Game Crash
« on: June 13, 2012, 05:24:43 AM »
Hi, sometimes my Game crash to Desktop, when my ship warp in a System with DQP-Ships. And sometimes the Ships have no texture on it, only white color, that caused strong lags or game crashs.
In Quickbattle I can create such a situation, no idea why those ships but it "works":
I start a Battle with a Year of Hell Voyager, take it in target and end the battle without fighting.
Then i start a new Battle, only with the Damaged Equinox - and my Game crash to Desktop.

The only way i found is to turn off the: Specular Highlights and MipMaps... Then my game crash not so often.
Does anyone know a better way to solve the problem?

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: DQP Game Crash
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 06:35:26 AM »
blank models usually mean something didn't get installed right/correctly to begin with.  we'll need a console report to know exactly what didn't work, instructions on how to should follow shortly with other posters.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 09:00:48 AM »
A white model can also mean that your graphics -card is not powerfull enough or doesn't have enough memory.

Another thing that can cause CTDs, I found (well, IT found me...), if you have an ATI/AMD card and use the Catalyst Control Center:
NEVER set the Mipmap detail to "performance"

If the ships your install crashes with, work in the very first quickbattle (inclusive firing) it shouldn't have anything to do with missing parts.
Otherwise, you should install this: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/DiamondBC_Projectiles;99219
and get a console report, like KCS suggested (A HowTo is stickied somewhere here)

Offline Terren

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 05:15:23 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply.
I have check so many consolreports and i can't see any Errors:

#----------------------------------------------------------------------->>> Thu Jun 14 10:36:16 2012
####
Outdated Foundation, updating functions
Outdated Foundation, installing FolderManager
Repairing ship description outputs...
Galaxy Charts v1.5 is online
Tracking Console
Foundation Tech loaded
Gravity FX has been loaded.
Fixing\Enhancing USS Sovereign's mods...
DS9FX Initializing...
####

####
Fixing Jaggies
####

####
AttributeError: PreLoadAssets
Finding bridge for shipscript: CGIVoyager
Found plugin U.S.S. Voyager
Setting Stock System Planets Random Density.
Ship Player with SubModels support added
DS9FX: Active and Operational...
####

####
Trying to clean memory
####

####
Ship Year of Hell Voyager-1 with SubModels support added
####

####
####

I think it must by a grafik preferences -or memory problem, but I have no experience with it.
I was hoping that your information about CCC (I have ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series), solve my problems.
But the Mipmap details was already set to Quality.
If someone has an idea then many thanks, because I'm clueless.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 07:44:14 AM »
i'm not seeing any either.

note that, if it's a graphics problem, the card may not be compatable with such an old game, as well.  BC's game engine has a notorious memory leak that can cause the whole comp to derp.  a lot of the textures in modern mods are 2048's, and if your card is an older one, that may be most of the problem. *looks up card* whoa...that's probably the problem.  that's probably too POWERFUL for BC

*reads more carefully* Galaxy charts 1.5?  are you running a Kobayashi Maru at all?

also note that non disk versions of the game are verbotten
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Terren

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 08:50:04 AM »
Yes I have installed Kobayashi Maru - Version 2011.10. I thought the Message in Consolreport: "Galaxy charts 1.5" was only a display bug and Version 2.0 is Installed.