Author Topic: Single Player Issues  (Read 644 times)

Offline vonfrank

• Cookies: 182
Single Player Issues
« on: September 23, 2012, 04:23:50 PM »
My current install is a stock 1.1 install with BCUT's Full Foundation installed along with QBautostart Extension V0.9.

The single player story is now unplayable for some reason. When I start a new game i am able to get through Liu and Picard's speeches, but about 15 seconds after the Dauntless departs the drydock, the game crashes and i get this error from the console:

cPickle.PicklingError: Cannot pickle <type 'type'> objects.

If I run in test mode and try to load any other mission, the game crashes instantly.
I have noticed that when i only installed BCUT's Basic Foundation, the single player game had no problems.

Is there some part of the Full Foundation or QBA that breaks SP? If so, how can I get around this? If I cant, is there any other way to allow the game to use the Shield Percentages and Torpedo Scripts mods without Full Foundation and QBA?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: Single Player Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 10:10:46 PM »
there is a whole overhaul for SP being done that includes all that which youve mentioned working just fine...
stand by for that...

Offline vonfrank

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 04:04:32 PM »
Cool. I'm guessing you're referring to Lurok91's Single Player Mod?
When it's released I suppose I can just combine my own current mod to that in order to make SP playable.

Just out of curiosity though, I'm guessing they had similar problems when making this mod. Do you happen to know how they got around it?

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 06:59:44 PM »
there is a whole overhaul for SP being done that includes all that which youve mentioned working just fine...
stand by for that...

Cool. I'm guessing you're referring to Lurok91's Single Player Mod?
When it's released I suppose I can just combine my own current mod to that in order to make SP playable.

Just out of curiosity though, I'm guessing they had similar problems when making this mod. Do you happen to know how they got around it?

ROFL.

jimmy and lurok basically LEAD that project brudda.

its still in testing, be patient  :thumbsup:

being a tester myself i can MORE THAN ASSURE YOU, its worth the wait.
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 07:17:14 PM »
it is lurok's mod, ive only helped a little bit touching things up here and there...

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 05:12:44 PM »
Don't listen to Jimmy, he's working his ass off
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline CyAn1d3

• MacDill Shipyards Design Team
  • Cookies: 420
  • RETIRED
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 10:11:42 PM »
Don't listen to Jimmy, he's working his ass off

exactly. so stop undercutting yourself jimmy.
I came, i saw, i added a Sig.
Later gents, i have Youtube to take over.
Cy - 1-12-15

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 05:17:59 AM »
I wouldn't advise it unless you know what you're doing with scripts etc. It's designed to work as a standalone replacement for the ten-year old original SP campaign - not really as a moddable update like KM - so it's best not to add it to your existing mod or vice versa, or something might break  :)  Jimmy is putting a lot of work into balancing the ships, I think all of which have been replaced with the best and latest models available by likes of Wiley, DJ and Baz.

exactly. so stop undercutting yourself jimmy.
:yeahthat:  :D

Offline vonfrank

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 04:49:13 PM »
Scripting is pretty much what I do, so I'm sure I can manage.

As for balancing, I have already completely balanced out the campaign with my current ships. My install  only includes cannon ships which are hardpointed to be as accurate to each ship's performance in the shows and movies. I also modified the campaign to include many new ships that are included in my custom install, and greatly enhanced the battles throughout the story by increasing the number and diversity of friendly and enemy ships in certain missions.

I had everything working perfectly until I decided to add Shield percentages and torpedo tech to enhance Quick Battle a bit. Both of those things require QBA, which requires the Full Foundation, which mysteriously breaks single player.

My intention is to take a look at the scripts in your mod and try to prevent Foundation and QBA from killing the Campaign the way you did. Hopefully, I'll be able to figure out just how you did it.

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 05:15:14 AM »
OK  :)  tbh, I can't remember what if anything caused SP probs with Foundation. Most of initial errors I got were more to do with Maelstrom scripts.  If you want to think your own install, Mario or Defiant prob best for advice on pickle issue.  Worth posting at BCS-TNG at well.