Author Topic: JJverse K't'inga mod doesn't want to play QB  (Read 459 times)

Offline ety3rd

• Cookies: 0
JJverse K't'inga mod doesn't want to play QB
« on: January 11, 2013, 01:07:59 PM »
This is the mod in question: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/JJverse_Ktinga;113683

Drags into the BC folders fine.  Appears in the QB setup menus normally.

Once chosen as my player ship, though, I see the viewscreen with "Loading ..." and then the text goes away and I'm just on the bridge.  Moving the mouse makes me look around at the characters and the F3 menu has "End Combat" highlighted, even though no combat ever occurred.

If it's selected as the enemy, I get the "Loading ..." viewscreen and that's it.

I read the comments on that FileFront page and someone else had the same problem 2.5 years ago.  A mod told him to re-download and install it.  I did.  Same results.

(I have the same issue with this D-4 mod: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Klingon_D_4_battle_cruiser_Hardpointed;100206.)

Offline JB2005

• Scripter, Lawyer, Soldier, Spy
  • Cookies: 58
    • Captain's Orders Blog
Re: JJverse K't'inga mod doesn't want to play QB
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 01:13:28 PM »
In both cases we're going to need to see a console report.

Easiest way of doing this is to download this mod: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/;76613

Run BC, activate the mutator and copy what is dumped into the file (you can find the dump as a text file in scripts/custom) into a post here!
http://captainsordersdevelopmentblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/preview-no-1.html- Captains Orders Development Blog - Last Updated 10/12/2011

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 01:33:49 PM »
YES, please do provide that [console report] , and it ought to work NP
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline ety3rd

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 04:53:33 PM »
(Sorry it took so long to get back.)

I've installed the Tracker and activated it in my Mutator menu but nothing happens.  I don't get a tree of options beneath, no other windows open ... the ReadMe didn't seem to have an answer for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 05:19:50 PM »
[if memory serves]  console tracker, exports it's reports into a text file , I think you can find it in The Console Tacker Folder in scripts-custom [ guy correct me if I'm wrong, it has been long time].

but I tried the ship in the way you described earlier and Nothing was wrong. 
see if you have the Folder bcJJKtingaTD,,, at location \data\Models\Ships\bcJJKtingaTD,

if not check your zip file
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.

Offline JB2005

• Captain's Orders Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 05:52:06 PM »
(Sorry it took so long to get back.)

I've installed the Tracker and activated it in my Mutator menu but nothing happens.  I don't get a tree of options beneath, no other windows open ... the ReadMe didn't seem to have an answer for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Just activate the mutator and then try and recreate the bug...if the bug occurs then quit Bridge Commander and go to Scripts/Custom and there'll be a text file there which is called "Console Track Dump"

Open that file and then just copy and paste whatever it says into a post here!
http://captainsordersdevelopmentblog.blogspot.com/2011/12/preview-no-1.html- Captains Orders Development Blog - Last Updated 10/12/2011

Offline ety3rd

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 07:29:19 PM »
RE: Console Tracker - I looked in just about every folder and searched for keywords to find the txt file and got nothing. 

RE: The Ship's Files - I've downloaded the zip file from Filefront three times now and reinstalled it more than that.  I seem to have all the folders and files in the right places.  But no change in the game.   

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 07:33:01 PM »
Please follow the following post in obtaining a console report: http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,57.0.html

The error might be simple enough so we won't need the full report.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline ety3rd

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 11:16:38 AM »
I've done the "Test Mode" report a couple of times.  Problem is, once the "Loading ..." screen appears and I press "`," I get the usual report window but it's blank.  I press "Enter" and get nothing but blank ">" after blank ">."

Does anyone know why the Tracker mutator might not be working?

Offline JB2005

• Captain's Orders Blog
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 11:19:00 AM »
There's no reason I can think of why the Tracker Mutator wouldn't work - the only time it hasn't worked for me is when I get the BSOD...

It's pretty much a plug and play thing, you install it, switch on the mutator and then just go on with your business...

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 01:44:16 PM »
Can you describe , how you installed BC -to how you installed your mods, in other words a step-=by- step from beggining until now.
TiqHud