Author Topic: Need help on Ep 6 Miss. 5  (Read 500 times)

Offline fleet-captain

• Cookies: 1
Need help on Ep 6 Miss. 5
« on: April 15, 2013, 07:49:18 PM »
Ive tried this mission many times and I just can't beat all the waves of enemy ships that keep coming in. I've done better by targeting the Kessok cloak or Shield generators and trying to separate distance on AI. Ive got shields and weapons on 125%, engines 100%, and sensors on 50%. It's a crime how many torpedoes the AI wastes and doesn't even come close to hitting. Any help? Also I only have 3 quantums  so Im using photons.

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Need help on Ep 6 Miss. 5
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 08:06:53 PM »
you should have gone to starbase 12 when ya had the chance to reload Q torps. ;)
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline fleet-captain

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 08:16:04 PM »
I docked right before this mission and it re-stocked the photons but not the quantums. Never has yet.

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 07:26:18 AM »
Aren't there some Derelict freighters that one can scan for extra Quantums? (It has been a long time since I played so I don't really remember)

When battling against the Kessok, it was easier if you destroyed their Sensors (at least i think the light ships had very vulnerable Sensor systems)
Also: Fly yourself, don't let the AI do it, that way more of your Torpedoes hit, and maybe you can evade some Kessok Torps, that would have hit you otherwise.

Offline xoham

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 03:54:09 PM »
You can get quantums from the derelicts (hearsay) or from the USS whatever-McKray-flies, when it is damaged and idle by Starbase 12.  Scan it and your crew will take the quantums.  I filled up from 40 to 60.

Sometimes you need to ignore your orders and go back to SB 12 for more photons at a minimum, or repairs.