Author Topic: Strange phaser flashes around Wileys Sovereigns  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Lord Tribble

• Cookies: 2
Re: Strange phaser flashes around Wileys Sovereigns
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 02:50:06 PM »
you mean in the sets themselves?  yeah, that's editable.  but I'd have to see what you mean, myself.

Not sure what you mean by sets.
I'm talking about the way the hull is lit up when a phaser fires from it. In the videos I posted above, an orange/yellow light is cast on the hull. Normally fine but another effect of this problem is that the source of the light is from the same random places the circles were appearing in.

Don't think I'd be able to edit those light without also removing it from the correctly firing phaser effects.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 11:49:13 PM »
those?  no, that's the reflection from the phasers themselves.  it's especially noticeable on TMP ships.  I get a Purple tint on my own ships from that.  I thought you meant the Ambient lighting from the space sets themselves.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Lord Tribble

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 03:37:38 AM »
those?  no, that's the reflection from the phasers themselves.  it's especially noticeable on TMP ships.  I get a Purple tint on my own ships from that.  I thought you meant the Ambient lighting from the space sets themselves.

Yeah the reflections on the ship. It's weird having them briefly light up from behind rather than where the phasers are shooting from. Smaller ships look like the whole thing is flashing. But It's easier to live with than the circles popping up everywhere

Offline MSB3000

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 03:19:00 PM »
You know, I remember having this problem a year or two ago, and I remember that I fixed it.

i may be being stupid here but is it not a hp problem ie the size of the phaser circle is too large

I'm almost certain it's something like this. Open the ship's HP (preferably in the MPE), open the properties for one of the phasers you notice has this problem and open the Subsystem Properties tab. There's a value for Radius. I'm like, 70-ish% sure that the radius of the phaser HP is too large. 0.25 is an example of what mine are set to, and I don't have this problem