Author Topic: Crew on the wrong position in additional bridges  (Read 371 times)

Offline don_quijote

• Cookies: 0
Crew on the wrong position in additional bridges
« on: September 03, 2013, 09:08:56 AM »
hi guys,

i spend the last two days, to implement some mods in my good old BC. Of course i learnd quick, that the use of different mods cause problems of incompabilty.

As a basic install i choose the Supermod 3.0 and its update. I read all the comment carefully and noticed that this mod should better not be touched througt the installatin of other mods. The mod seems to be a good package, but i definitely want to have more bridges in QB Mode (the mod only provides the stock ones). This worked so far, if i installed bridges who dont need other mods to run. This worked so far, that the new bridges (for ex. defiant or excelsior refit) appearing in the menu and working during the battle without any problems. But there is one issue: the crew has the wrong positions on the new bridges! There are always some crew members who are not relevant for the game and just come in, do something on the bridge and then go. Their position is always matching the bridge fine. But the main crew (my officers) have the wrong postion. When i for example choose the defiant bridge, the crew is positioned like in the galaxy class bridge...so they sit or stay in the air. 

How can i fix it?..by editing the crew scripts? But every bridge comes with a new scipt for each crew...but obviously the programm doesnt care and always uses the crews postion layout from the two stock bridges. Is it possible to fix it? I had another installation before, were it worked fine...but there i had the coregold plugin for bridegs installed...in this installation the bridegs in BQ worked fine...but i found out that this coregold causes a crash in singelplayer mode just in the beginning after the first dialofue, when captain picard should enter the bridge...

Any ideas? Thanks!

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Crew on the wrong position in additional bridges
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 02:45:35 PM »
You need to install the newest versions of those bridges, with all the requirements, in order to fix that issue.  You can still mod an install of the Supermod, you just need to be careful, because installing the wrong mods will break the single player campaign.  I'd suggest having multiple installs of the game, one with just the supermod for playing the campaign, one with another mod like KM1 for multiplayer and one that you can mod without worrying about breaking the campaign or multiplayer.

Infact, right now, my modded install is a mix of Supermod, KM1 and a whole bunch of individual mods.

Offline don_quijote

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 05:06:41 PM »
Hi ACES_HIGH,

thanks for your support so far. of course i did exactly whatr you said. I made a clean installation with BC and patch 1.1. Then i installed supermod an tested it for any issues...works fine. In this clean installation i installed bridges. But i took care about, that they do not requiering something else. For example i take the defiant bridge pack v4. I take all the related files from the zip, which are "sfx", "scripts", "Data" and copy them in the main directory...i accept, when windows asking for integrate/overwrite existing files. I checked it several times, if realy every file found the way to the main directory. Thats should do it...but when i choose the bridge in QB the issue is still there. Nothing crashes, the bridge appears fine BUT the crew is displaced, hanging somewhere in the air on their default Galaxy class positions... :idk:

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 09:17:37 PM »
Hi ACES_HIGH,

thanks for your support so far. of course i did exactly whatr you said. I made a clean installation with BC and patch 1.1. Then i installed supermod an tested it for any issues...works fine. In this clean installation i installed bridges. But i took care about, that they do not requiering something else. For example i take the defiant bridge pack v4. I take all the related files from the zip, which are "sfx", "scripts", "Data" and copy them in the main directory...i accept, when windows asking for integrate/overwrite existing files. I checked it several times, if realy every file found the way to the main directory. Thats should do it...but when i choose the bridge in QB the issue is still there. Nothing crashes, the bridge appears fine BUT the crew is displaced, hanging somewhere in the air on their default Galaxy class positions... :idk:

can someone from 3E help us out here?

There are a couple of things to check, did you enable all the mutators in game?

Also I thought the v4 defiant required the bridge plugin, you might want to try installing that, and the latest versions of all the bridge sets.  As I said, it should be safe to install that over Supermod.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 05:04:32 PM »
did you install the BP Core before installing any bridges?
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Bridge_Plugin_Core;85205

also, the Supermod has been known to have issues...