Author Topic: Rest In Peace, Tiqhud - valued member to the BC Community and dear friend :(  (Read 7700 times)

Offline Lord Tribble

• Cookies: 2
Not sure if anyone has said this but I think the modder of the month for March should go to Tiq.

I know he never built any models but he worked long and hard getting many many models in game

This.

Offline Flowrellik

• Cookies: 7
....This is by far the saddest moment in my life.
Tiqhud personally assisted me in hardpoint editting during the windows live messenger years...
Rest in peace old friend..

Offline MajorPayne

• Cookies: 2
Dam. I never new Tiqhud personally but its sad when any community loses a valued member. For what its worth RIP.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
I've been a member of this community since the KA.com days - I became less active about seven years ago, but I still check in regularly.

Tiqhud was a name that was always on my screen, being polite, cracking wise, or offering to help. When you lose touch with the community, the names on the screen become two-dimensional, the forum seems like a playground, or a story book.

And then reality hits.

You're all people - that's too easy to ignore.

I lost my Dad to cancer in '10, shortly after my Mum was diagnosed with it too. She survived, but with permanent side-effects, and I'm the youngest of my siblings - the one without a family or a career of his own... goodbye life!

So yeah, I know how you feel, Baz, and my heart goes out to Tiq's family - blood family and you guys, his electron family.

Frak cancer! :banghead:

Reading through this thread, I was doing fine until this post:

R.I.P Tiq.

If anyone does create a ship in his name I'd be more than happy to dust of my copy of BC and HP it.

Should help Tiq to get wherever he's going.

That's such a beautiful sentiment, it brings a tear to my eye.

Do we know what specific cancer got him? Can we set up a community donation drive to a research fund or something?
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Locke

• Cookies: 36
  • Cannot find REALITY.SYS - Universe Halted
Oh hells bells, now I'm all weepy.  I feel very much love for Brent's family and friends and I'm saddened beyond belief that we lost such a great contributor to this community.  I feel it appropriate to share this clip at this point.  May we all find our final frontiers as wealthy with friends as Brent did.

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
I know Brent would believe: keep doing what we're doing.  And follow our dreams and aspirations.  That's the best tribute.

Offline Tethys

• -=USF=- Co-Leader
  • Cookies: 89
Just passing through to pay my respects on this solemn day. RIP Tiq.. Never got a chance to know you very well, but I thank you for all your hard work on the hardpoints. You have contributed to so much fun and happiness that it is only right for me to contribute what I can as well, because you enjoyed watching people enjoy themselves.

Just so everyone knows, this week I will be releasing KM 15 Base (beta) for public testing, in remembrance of Tiqhud. Yes I even added the Tiqhud Type 7 tribute shuttle. Be on the lookout for links.

Tethys

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
  • Cookies: 575
  • Never Forget Your Origins
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
Can't believe its been a year :( i still miss our dear dear friend!

Offline hobbs

• Cookies: 77
Just thoughtI would post a message here as it's tiqhud's birthday.

Ita great this forum is still going, im still using the things tiqhud taught me in hardpointing and modding.
Still remembering my mentor.
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..." Michael Ansara, "Elric" Babylon 5 "The Geometry of Shadows,"

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
does anyone have any nice ingame pics of the shuttlecraft that was made to honor Tiq that they could post?

Offline Tethys

• -=USF=- Co-Leader
  • Cookies: 89