Author Topic: Useful Addons/Extensions for Browsers  (Read 709 times)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Useful Addons/Extensions for Browsers
« on: August 07, 2010, 11:37:54 PM »
in this thread, please post whichever addons/extensions you have found useful in your interwebs usage...
please link, and please post for which browser it is lol

what i find useful for Firefox:

1-ClickWeather for Firefox enables users to quickly view current weather conditions including regional Doppler radar maps (with severe weather alerts, when applicable) and/or international satellite maps and up to 5 days of forecast information within the browser and allows for instant access to detailed and customized weather content including hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts and user-selectable video synopsis of weather conditions for the next 72 hours by On-Camera Meteorologists from The Weather Channel through clickable icons. All weather data is provided by weather.com.

AboutPlug is a simple extension adds menu item "About Plug-ins" to menu Help. When you select this item, page about:plugins is showed.

Adblock Plus allows you to regain control of the internet and view the web the way you want to. The add-on is supported by over forty filter subscriptions in dozens of languages which automatically configure it for purposes ranging from removing online advertising to blocking all known malware domains. Adblock Plus also allows you to customize your filters with the assistance of a variety of useful features, including a context option for images, a block tab for Flash and Java objects, and a list of blockable items to remove scripts and stylesheets.

All Glass For Firefox gives your Firefox a clean and fresh look by adding Aero Glass pretty much everywhere in the frame.

Better GMail 2 adds useful extra features to Gmail, like hierarchical labels, an unread message icon on your browser tab, file attachment icons, and more.

Compact Menu 2 replaces the original menubar into a single menu or icon.

Date Picker/Calendar for your statusbar and puts a quick popup allowing you to view a calendar or pick a date.

Dictionary Search looks up a user selected word in an online dictionary.

Download Statusbar allows you to view and manage downloads from a tidy statusbar - without the download window getting in the way of your web browsing.

Extension Manager Extended is an Addon Manager that views the id, date installed, compatible application versions, and the folder of an extension or theme.

Gui:Config makes it easier to change preferences that can only be found in the ?about:config?. The extension supports a comfortable way to apply changes to these options. It displays the options, included in the current version, using checkboxes, dropdownlists and textboxes.

Internote 2 allows you to create sticky notes on a web page which will be there once you return. Notes are very customizable, and come with many small, useful features.

MeasureIt draws a ruler across any webpage to check the width, height, or alignment of page elements in pixels.

Menu Editor customizes application menus: rearrange or remove menu items from the main context menu (right-click menu) and main menubar (File Edit View etc.).

Organize Statusbar will enable you to organize your status bar icons. You can now rearrange or remove any item (icon or text) in the Firefox status bar. If your status bar is full and cluttered, give this a try.

Quick Restart adds a "Restart Firefox" item to the "File" menu. You can also use the Ctrl+Alt+R keyboard shortcut, or the included toolbar button.

Right-Click-Link opens selected text in a new tab.

Searchbar Autosizer will allow you to alter the searchbar in that it can size incrementally to each letter, enlarge Searchbar on first strike, or keep the same width all the time.

Tab Mix Plus enhances Firefox's tab browsing capabilities. It includes such features as duplicating tabs, controlling tab focus, tab clicking options, undo closed tabs and windows, plus much more. It also includes a full-featured session manager.

WindowsUpdate adds "Windows Update" item to the Firefox Tools menu, and launches Internet Explorer to the Windows Update site when clicked.

YouTube mp3 adds a download button to YouTube. By clicking on it you can download the video as a high quality mp3 file.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
Re: Useful Addons/Extensions for Browsers
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 08:36:05 AM »
Hmm, I dont use add-on much [slows my inattial browser down, when I first get online] might have to check out some of these.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 02:31:06 PM »
Google toolbar is a must. Handy access and a working pop-up blocker...

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 02:46:37 PM »
for firefox?
personally, i hate toolbars; thats just me...

firefox has adblock plus, which is the best thing out there for popups and ads, and you can have google set as your default search provider in the address bar...  seems to render google toolbar pointless?

Offline Villain

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 02:48:15 PM »
I more meant for when you're already on a page. I tend to pop open all the BCC threads I want to read and close them off one by one, then use the last for the toolbar. I dunno, I'm just used to opening IE.  :P

---
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 03:07:26 PM »
I dunno, I'm just used to opening IE.  :P
:eek *shrieks* aaah!  IE!  take it away take it away!  my eyes!
:P

Offline Villain

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 03:12:47 PM »
Haha, I don't mind it so much, as long as it gets the job done. It's not like I do any heavy browsing or something. I have FF, IE and Chrome, and use whichever is closer to the mouse when I need it.  :idk:

---