Author Topic: Flow's WIPS: Texas Class OCL  (Read 697 times)

Offline Flowrellik

• Cookies: 7
Flow's WIPS: Texas Class OCL
« on: October 22, 2017, 12:04:29 AM »
I think it's now time I place a WIP page here. This place will be a placemark for any new ships I so deem to create for STBC and so on. Atm tools I am using are GIMP, PS, Blender 3D, and Gmax.
First ship on the WIP BBQ: Texas Class OCL (Old Light Cruiser)

Atm after a great deal of properly learning UV in Blender, my very first completed starship is here. This ship is a personal take from it's Starfleet Battles approach.
The model is exported to .3ds perfectly but now I have a problem: Gmax.
For some stupid reason or another I can't seem to get the textures to show via Gmax, which is sad considering that when this happens I can't see them (even though it's marked down as such as existing in the material) in both Gmax and the exported .Nif in Nifskope.
Can someone please help me out on this mess?

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: Flow's WIPS: Texas Class OCL
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 08:41:18 AM »
the Discord pics did NOT do your detail job justice, Flow.  someone might nitpick the torpedo ports, but that's it.  someone poke GMunoz and tell him he's got competition!
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Flowrellik

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 08:26:00 PM »
I just wish there was some way of porting this to Bridge commander correctly.
 :help:

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 05:08:53 AM »
Perhabs the NIFTools for Blender may be of assistance.
https://www.darkcreations.org/forums/topic/10030-begin-blender-270-nif-importexport-tutorials/

Nice work on the Texas-class. :)
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline Flowrellik

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 05:28:45 PM »
I don't suppose you have a direct link to this? The link for blender 7+ isn't working for me + Have no account there
EDIT: Texas Class is FULLY Converted! I just now need to make a notepad for requirements needed to make her run right (Besides NanoFX I used WickedZombie's and Gmunoz's weapon specs)

Offline Flowrellik

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 11:32:19 PM »
I think I need a new hobby >_>.  This is my redesign of the Klingon Sarcophagus ship
"Heghpu' Duj" (Ship of the Dead).

Also done a model of the Discoprise too