Author Topic: LJ's Immersion Mod  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Tethys

• -=USF=- Co-Leader
  • Cookies: 89
LJ's Immersion Mod
« on: September 06, 2018, 07:12:58 PM »
This is all quite fascinating. I would love to see a Turbolift button, with its own set, and a menu inside for various decks and destinations around the ship. Say you wanted to visit your science lab. Only your science officer and you could be present on that set. Main engineering? Brex is there with you. I foresee many great possibilities. I really hope this project moves forward  :thumbsup:

(jb76 edit - split from previous thread)

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
Re: LJ's Immersion Mod
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 09:36:15 AM »
Something like this was attempted about 10 years ago with mod called "Immersion".
IIRC it was canceled due to performance issues.
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline Tethys

• -=USF=- Co-Leader
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 10:17:41 AM »
I believe the bridge changing script I mentioned can be converted, to be used as a Turbolift Control pad;

I think this can be achieved, but we need to create a folder specific for bridge sub-sets. Calling the bridge in use and inserting checks to load the corresponding interior sets. This way, every bridge set can have its own collection of child sets accessible from the turbolift, similar to your bridge selector BR32. And this way, it will all be unique. But yeah, I mean some sets can be used on multiple ships, such as Galaxy class sub-sets on, say, a Nebula class bridge set.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 10:41:17 PM »
Something like this was attempted about 10 years ago with mod called "Immersion".
IIRC it was canceled due to performance issues.
youre exactly correct...  Lost_Jedi from BCS Team (aka LJ, John from Excalibur Devs and one of the coolest guys ever!) did alot in that mod...  irt was working pretty decently, even walking around the bridge with a phaser shooting people lol  i think they even die, but im not certain...  it has been a very long time since last i used it...
i can get in touch with him and ask him about this, i might have his last copy on my PC...  if needed, ill check...

Offline fraher

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 04:03:07 PM »
The idea of make set interiors basically is for that looong travels in warp (if you configure Galaxy Charts more realistic). Course, if in the middle of combat you chooose go to sickbay it´s up to you!. I think the turbolif idea, as part of the making of set interiors. I make a test with my script to changing bridges from a vessel to a shuttle and after another vessel you dock, and was fine! Regard Inmersion, was a remarkable job, but the engine of bridge commander wasn´t support so much like combat inside the ship. I hope finish the Ready Room to port it as nif and see what´s happen. If ayone wants follow my lead and design more sets (because I don´t belive live so much like a Vulcan) be my guest. One web site very useful for blueprints is

https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/blueprints-main2.php

and, of course, Trekcore by its still images of all the ST movies and series.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 02:11:04 PM »
after checking i do in fact have a copy of LJ's Immersion after all  :)
it isnt complete, i just have a few quick questions for him before i go further, ill hit him up now...

(edit - 8 mins later, talking with him now :)  he is the best!)

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 02:22:03 PM »
i forgot about this - he just reminded me of when he was playing Immersion on a projector screen, he recorded a bit of it!

the first character he walked to has Bren's actual face!  lol
Bren is oldschool elite modder, a big part of the BCS:TNG team and a really good guy :)

there is also a rudementary quick model of a rover for being on a planet but quickly put together just to show it on the ship...  doesnt do anything at that phase in the project (i think?)...

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 03:19:37 PM »
here is the mod :D
he is totally cool with it being released as-is, in case anyone else wants to pick it up from here and see how much further it could go :)

IIRC, just make a fresh new BC install, without any mods (except BC 1.1 update and Foundation of course)...
this may work on a modded install or KM install, etc - i just havent tried that yet...

***LINK A FEW POSTS BELOW***

also, youre welcome btw  :dontcare:

lol jk :P  :drink2: :drink3: :drink: :smoke :zzz: :coffee:

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 05:34:59 PM »
here is the mod :D
he is totally cool with it being released as-is, in case anyone else wants to pick it up from here and see how much further it could go :)

IIRC, just make a fresh new BC install, without any mods (except BC 1.1 update and Foundation of course)...
this may work on a modded install or KM install, etc - i just havent tried that yet...

lol jk :P  :drink2: :drink3: :drink: :smoke :zzz: :coffee:

Thanks to both LJ and Jimmy for posting this up. I had a copy, but lost in a HD crash two years ago. But, from what I can see, you can install this over KM. :)

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline newhalo123

• Gamer, Trekkie, Metalhead.
  • Cookies: 211
  • Gamer, Trekkie, Metalhead.
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 12:23:50 PM »
HOLY SHIT
"Live long, and prosper." -Leonard Nimoy 'Spock' (1931-2015)

"Why, you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking nerf herder! " -Carrie Fisher 'Leia' (1956-2016)

Offline Tethys

• -=USF=- Co-Leader
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 07:42:15 PM »
Eeeeeeexcellent :yay:

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 09:12:10 PM »
Stickied  :D

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline fraher

• Cookies: 10
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2018, 08:29:20 AM »
Thanks to LJ and Jimmy!. Downloaded the mod and when I saw the movie test, give me more and clear ideas about the turbolift and transport funtions between sets, and more important, the planetary set!  :yay:  :dance  :thumbsup:

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2018, 09:14:02 PM »
HOT DAMN!!!

I remember seeing bits and pieces of this thing way back in the day.  I can't believe it's up to play with!

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2018, 02:41:37 PM »
ive had it for years and years, just didnt give it much thought until the turbolift mod idea was being discussed...

Offline Tethys

• -=USF=- Co-Leader
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2018, 09:34:43 PM »
ive had it for years and years, just didnt give it much thought until the turbolift mod idea was being discussed...

lol jk :P  :drink2: :drink3: :drink: :smoke :zzz: :coffee: teehee

Things. Things that make us go.

Offline Jebode

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2020, 07:29:48 AM »
Hey,

Would love to have a crack at immersion mod, but the link to it just says "the owner has put it in recycle bin" and it can't be downloaded. Does anyone have a copy available?

Cheer's guys!

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2020, 01:37:08 PM »
Sorry about that - i cant believe it was in my Trash Folder!!  :hithead: :banghead:

Try THIS Link and post here to let me know if everything is ok :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xhf72v8a3tlsn06/Immersion.zip?dl=0

It should be put into a brand new BC install with no mods installed other than BC 1.1 Patch and Foundation - i dont know if this would work on a modded install, but it might :idk:

Offline Jebode

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2020, 07:41:23 PM »
Sorry about that - i cant believe it was in my Trash Folder!!  :hithead: :banghead:

Try THIS LINK and post here to let me know if everything is ok :)

It should be put into a brand new BC install with no mods installed other than BC 1.1 Patch and Foundation - i dont know if this would work on a modded install, but it might :idk:

No problem, well glad it's in safer place than in recycle bin now =)

Thanks! I just downloaded it successfully, but i'll test it tomorrow, sleep time for me. I'll report back after =)

Cheers!

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2020, 10:01:17 PM »
i forgot about this - he just reminded me of when he was playing Immersion on a projector screen, he recorded a bit of it!

the first character he walked to has Bren's actual face!  lol
Bren is oldschool elite modder, a big part of the BCS:TNG team and a really good guy :)

Oh wow! Double blast from the past in the form of that video and me taking nearly 2 years to spot it! Thanks for the kind words Jimmy! Didn't think I was remembered at all here tbh :p

I have a beard now and the Klingon armour doesn't fit me any more :D

"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!