Author Topic: Request for help wirth mall texture replacement for the Nova bridge  (Read 667 times)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
I suck at photoshop...

Ok so what I was hoping anyone out there might be able to please help me by doing this small change for my Nova bridge?
I have always liked how on the Prom bridge the vertical beams change at alert levels.  I would like to have my Nova bridge do that as well.
The texture in question in the Nova bridge's High folder is beams_red.tga...
The standard is that those vert alert lights just be blue, but I would really like a texture for yellow and red for that texture. I tried just using the beams textures from the Prom bridge but that doesn't work well at all when just putting that texture into the Nova bridge folder...
1000 coookkkeeeezzzzzessseses and my sincere love forevermore to anyone who can whip those up for me plzkkthxbi  :D :bow: :thumbsup:

Offline Tethys

• -=USF=- Co-Leader
  • Cookies: 89
Re: Request for help wirth mall texture replacement for the Nova bridge
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 07:33:39 PM »
I would think any kind of dynamic change like that would be scripted and need specific textures for the alert levels. I do not think it can simply be photoshopped in. Unless I am wrong. I have done a LOT of texture manipulation and editing and unless the entire TGA can be replaced via alert level change, it will probably have to be mapped to the model (I do not recall seeing an animated TGA). Or potentially the set's alert lights may have static locations in the bridgeset .nif or a corresponding script, with x,y,z and orientation to take into consideration. I have little to no experience with bridge sets. I mostly worked on ship texture and speculars.

Offline Morgan

• Cookies: 65535
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 11:42:15 PM »
I would think any kind of dynamic change like that would be scripted and need specific textures for the alert levels. I do not think it can simply be photoshopped in. Unless I am wrong. I have done a LOT of texture manipulation and editing and unless the entire TGA can be replaced via alert level change, it will probably have to be mapped to the model (I do not recall seeing an animated TGA). Or potentially the set's alert lights may have static locations in the bridgeset .nif or a corresponding script, with x,y,z and orientation to take into consideration. I have little to no experience with bridge sets. I mostly worked on ship texture and speculars.
It can be done via Bridge Plugin's map swapping feature.  Just some small editing to the individual bridge's plugin file and the necessary TGA is required.

Jimmy, I may not have exactly what you're looking for, but I have been working on some texture changes for my own use.  It gives it a little bit more Intrepid-style coloring with Nemesis-style LCARS.  I still have some tweaks to make, but if there's an interest and Lurok is cool with it I can make it available.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2018, 12:19:02 AM »
i think with the nova's beams_red, it might be just a matter of changing those blue strips to red and another one to yellow?  just those three lines?  i can script them in myself in the bridge's plugin, i just can't seem to be able to actually make the textures for it :(

scripting those textures to the bridge here (as in Prom bridge), i just cant seem to take the beams_red with the 3 blue stripes, and make one with red stripes and one with yellow stripes - as how the Prom bridge beams textures are set up... scripting it in is easy...
Code: [Select]
Maps':{
'CurrentMaps': {"beams": "beams", "dome" : "dome"},
'GreenMaps':{'beams': 'data/Models/Sets/prometheusbridge/High/beams.tga',
     'dome': 'data/Models/Sets/prometheusbridge/High/dome.tga'},
'YellowMaps':{'beams': 'data/Models/Sets/prometheusbridge/High/beams_yell.tga',
     'dome': 'data/Models/Sets/prometheusbridge/High/dome_yell.tga'},
'RedMaps':{'beams': 'data/Models/Sets/prometheusbridge/High/beams_red.tga',
     'dome': 'data/Models/Sets/prometheusbridge/High/dome_red.tga'},
"MVAMMaps": {'beams': 'data/Models/Sets/prometheusbridge/High/beams_blue.tga',
     'dome': 'data/Models/Sets/prometheusbridge/High/dome_blue.tga'},
},

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2018, 04:26:38 PM »
MORGAN IS MY HERO
 :dance :dance :yay: :yay: :bow: :bow: :Metal: :Metal: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

this just looks cooler to me...  :)

btw - i really like your retextures!  i am certain Lurok wouldn't mind at all if you released your work  :)

Offline Lurok91

• Cookies: 2062
  • SPMod Developer (Retired)
    • Lurok91 Mods
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2018, 01:39:30 PM »
I certainly don't mind  :thumbsup: