Author Topic: Naming my own ship  (Read 574 times)

Offline AdmiralWhite

• Cookies: 0
Naming my own ship
« on: November 29, 2018, 08:41:47 PM »
I was wondering is it possible to customize a my own Starship in Bridge commander; I would like to name my own ship with its own Registry number. is there a tutorial on to do this? I would like to use the SNS Tri Nacelle Galaxy class.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: Naming my own ship
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 05:57:29 AM »
in order to 'name your own ship', you have to replace the texture(s) with the registry.  unfortunately, a lot of modders never bothered providing blanks, and you would have to make the ENTIRE texture or set all over again from scratch or put up with ugly erase marks.  you'd also have to locate the assets for making the registry with, like the Fonts in question.

short answer: you have to retexture the whole ship to do that.
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
Re: Naming my own ship
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 09:05:27 AM »
If I recall the original SNS Galaxy came with not only a registry texture, but a tutorial as well
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421