Author Topic: KM MVAM Galaxy Saucer impulse engines texture request  (Read 582 times)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
KM MVAM Galaxy Saucer impulse engines texture request
« on: June 15, 2019, 10:51:37 PM »
heya!

i was wondering if anyone could help a noob with this...  i suck at ship models and textures and photoshop/gimp/etc etc

anyway, the saucer impulse engines for the stock km galaxy class ship are turned on when saucer is separated (obviously lol)

when the ship is a whole, they are turned off...
i kinda prefer the look of them being lit always "turned on" as the rear impulse engine is, just for visual appeal...

however, i cant figure out how to make them look always lit  for the actual galaxy class ship model itself...

halp?   :s :facepalm: :doh: :banghead: :hithead:

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
Re: KM MVAM Galaxy Saucer impulse engines texture request
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 06:49:46 AM »
that's easy enough.

with every MVAM ship, the model set comes in a three pack (four pack in the case of Prometheus); the whole ship, and the separated sections.  depending on how the modeler set up how the textures are laid out, it may be as simple as transplanting the "lit" impulse graphics for the saucer onto the whole-ship model.

this is actually the reverse of how it used to be.  I remember that more often a ship's textures would automatically HAVE all three impulse grates lit no matter what.  THEN people started to make their textures with them off, as common sense cropped up :P
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
Re: KM MVAM Galaxy Saucer impulse engines texture request
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 05:30:02 AM »
Just need to add a lit engine and alpha to the texture.

PM if you want my help.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.