Author Topic: WC Enterprise - D Won't Fire Aft Torpedo  (Read 623 times)

Offline Wintersfrost

• Cookies: 1
WC Enterprise - D Won't Fire Aft Torpedo
« on: August 05, 2020, 11:55:51 PM »
I edited the photon tubes to their canon location for the WC Enterprise - D in BC Remastered, but the aft torpedo won't fire. Forward tube fires normally. Never had any major issue editing hp before, but I always seem to run into a problem with the ones from Remastered. I've attached the hardpoint in case anyone wants to see what the problem is.

Offline vonfrank

• Cookies: 182
Re: WC Enterprise - D Won't Fire Aft Torpedo
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 05:55:43 PM »
Just took a look at the hardpoint file and you seem to have the aft torpedo mounted 259 units (which is 25,900 metres) behind the model. So your torpedo is being launched 25 km aft of the ship.

Code: [Select]
AftTube.SetPosition(-0.500000, -259.256012, -43.900902)
Assuming you are using BC Remastered's stock Galaxy class (which is the WC Enterprise D) and have not adjusted the model in any way, the original positions for the torpedo tubes are in their canon locations. Both in the MPE and in-game.

If you want to position your hardpoint in the same spot, the location is as follows:

Code: [Select]
AftTube1.SetPosition(0.000000, -2.580000, -0.440000)

Offline Wintersfrost

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 07:29:14 PM »
That's the whole trouble I've been having. For some reason, on my end many of the hardpoints such as the torpedo tubes and phasers are centered toward the middle of the ship. So in the MPE, they look like they're in the center, but in game they look like they're firing from the normal positions i.e., aft phaser from aft strip.

Please take a look at the photo I included. It looks like the tube direction is coming from just above the center impulse engine.

Because they were centered, I had to move it 259 units back so it'd be in the canon location. If you also notice, I deleted forward tubes 2-4 and aft tubes 2-4. I make the Galaxy have only 1 tube fore and aft as I did in KM so it's like the real deal.

In summary, some weapon hardpoints like the torpedo tubes are at center of the ship and when I moved the torpedo tube to canon location it wouldn't fire.

****UPDATE****

I also used the pick tool to click on and select the exact location of the torpedo tube on the ship model in MPE, then used get in the properties to apply the location.

I have also noticed the scale in MPE was set to 1. I have now set it to 0.01 and the orientation of the property now lines up correctly on the model in MPE. I hope this will help but I do not know if I will still have the issue with the torpedo being unable to fire yet.

Offline King Class Scout

• Cookies: 893
  • the other half of SFRD
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 07:35:40 AM »
believe me, you've always gotta rotate your models and double check hardpoint positions to make sure you didn't typo.  and make sure the scale is set to 0.01
OS novel fan

Coming Soon: King's Mod Tuning Shop

best line I've ever read
Me: mine [my bridges] would probably be simple to get the characters to use.  the only person that sits is the captian.
Baz: space is vast there[sic] legs will be tired by the time they get to the next planet

Offline Wintersfrost

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 06:47:20 PM »
It was the scale. It was set to the default value of 1, so I set it to 0.01. I guess I was a bit rusty but it's all coming back to me now :)